Bryony Long > Lewis Silkin > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Lewis Silkin Offices
255 Blackfriars Rd
- Go to...
Data and Privacy
Partner: Bryony us Co-Head of Lewis Silkin’s Data and Privacy Group. She works in three main areas: data & privacy; commercial & consumer; and technology.
She has a commercial & consumer and technology background so regularly advises clients across all three practice areas.
Bryony has advised a number of high profile clients on a range of complex data protection issues particularly around data collection and commercial exploitation. She has also been involved in a number of high profile data regulatory investigations for large multi-national clients.
Bryony holds the IAPP CIPP/E data protection/privacy accreditation and has spoken at a number of events on data & privacy issues.
From a commercial, technology and consumer perspective, Bryony has a wealth of experience advising clients on both demand and supply side on a range of commercial agreements including supply of goods/services, software licensing & distribution, cloud services, agency and distribution, franchising, warehousing and logistics, sponsorship and ticketing, client/agency, media buying and confidentiality. Bryony has also advised on e-commerce compliance and general consumer law issues and has been involved in a number of consumer regulatory investigations acting on behalf of well-known retailers.
Bryony’s particular area of specialism are retail and adtech and she is part of the Lewis Silkin’s Retail Law Group and Lewis Silkin’s Advertising and Marketing Law Group.
Advising across the spectrum of data compliance, risk management, and regulatory matters, Lewis Silkin regularly acts for clients in the retail, media, and publishing sectors. ‘Remarkable, accurate and available‘ practice co-head Alexander Milner-Smith advises leading multinationals on global privacy strategies, employment-related data protection and privacy matters, while co-head Bryony Long has a broad data practice with a particular focus on the adtech industry. The ‘laser-focused‘ Ali Vaziri is a key name for regulatory issues and contentious matters, while managing associate Benjamin Favaro is recommended for his compliance and employment expertise. Managing associate Tom Ford is a key name for multijurisdictional projects.
Practitioners at Lewis Silkin advise on strategic transactions and everyday challenges facing operators of hotels, bars, restaurants, leisure complexes, spas and golf clubs. The practice’s expertise lies particularly in data and privacy, franchising and licensing, real estate, employment and immigration, and intellectual property and brand management. Team head Julia Poulter co-founded The Collective, which provides advice and thought leadership to premium and luxury brands, as well as handling all aspects of commercial property on their behalf. Leading the firm’s employment services is Laura Farnsworth, who works with restaurant chains on matters relating to national minimum and living wage, holiday pay and senior executive issues. Data and privacy specialist Bryony Long is another name to note.
- Hospitality and leisure London > Industry focus
- Data protection, privacy and cybersecurity London > Risk advisory
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Employment > Employers
- Employment > Immigration
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: Smaller Deals, £10m-£100m
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media: Advertising & marketing
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media: Theatre, publishing and other media
- Employment > Senior executives
- Corporate and commercial > Commercial contracts
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Real estate > Commercial property: corporate occupiers
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media: Film & TV
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media: Music
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media: Video games
- Corporate and commercial > Partnership
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Real estate > Commercial property: development
- Industry focus > Hospitality and leisure
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property: trade marks, copyright and design
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > PATMA: Patent attorneys
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > PATMA: Trade mark attorneys
- Real estate > Property litigation
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Reputation management
- Industry focus > Retail and consumer
- Real estate > Planning
- Risk advisory > Data protection, privacy and cybersecurity
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property: patents (contentious and non-contentious)
- Corporate and commercial > Venture capital
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Franchising
- Industry focus > Life sciences and healthcare