Susan Cowan > Lester Aldridge LLP > Bournemouth, England > Lawyer Profile
Lester Aldridge LLP Offices
- Go to...
Corporate and commercial/healthcare.
Susan Cowan is a Partner in the Corporate & Commercial team.
Susan is Lester Aldridge’s training principal, co-ordinating the recruitment and rotation of all trainees.
Susan’s main areas of work are company acquisitions and disposals, company reorganisations, shareholder agreements, partnership agreements and Limited Liability Partnership members’ agreements. Susan’s transactional work is largely in the care sector, acting on the acquisition and disposal of care home companies and businesses including care of the elderly, children’s homes and schools. Susan’s partnership work is focused mainly on NHS GP medical practices.
Trained Slaughter and May; qualified 1983; joined Lester & Russell in October 1984; Lester & Russell merged with Mooring Aldridge in October 1988 to form Lester Aldridge. Administration Partner 1990/91; head of commercial department 1992/2000; employment team head since November 2013.
St Philomena’s School, Carshalton; University College London; 1980 LLB.
In Bournemouth, Lester Aldridge LLP has a full-service corporate team which is geared towards advising regional SMEs and owner-managed businesses, although it also has significant experience with corporate clients. The group is led by corporate and commercial expert Grant Esterhuizen, whose practice spans joint ventures, commercial agreements and M&A, particularly in relation to the IT sector. Geoff Trobridge is an experienced commercial lawyer who has developed a niche in charities, social enterprises and data protection. Susan Cowan is a specialist in matters arising from the healthcare sector. In July 2019, Dean Drew joined the group from Irwin Mitchell and focuses on M&A transactions; an area associate Alexandra Clapp is also noted for.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Dorset, Devon and Cornwall
- Real estate > Commercial property: Dorset, Devon and Cornwall
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Dorset, Devon and Cornwall
- Employment > Employment: Dorset, Devon and Cornwall
- Employment > Health and safety
- Private client > Family
- Public sector > Health
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Insurance > Clinical negligence and personal injury: claimant