Karen Thompson > Lester Aldridge LLP > Bournemouth, England > Lawyer Profile
Lester Aldridge LLP Offices
- Go to...
Karen is proud to have enjoyed a long and successful relationship with the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA), the regulator of solicitors and law firms in England and Wales.
She has led LA’s role as one of the SRA’s panel of ‘interventions agents’ since 2009- one of only seven firms appointed to this panel. When the SRA decides to close a law firm to protect clients and their money, this is called an intervention. Working for our regulator is something that both Karen and LA take great pride in.
Having been instructed on at least 36 interventions Karen has, in addition, led the investigation of more than 400 claims to the SRA Compensation Fund. This has involved forensic analysis of evidence and investigation of complex investment frauds.
Law was not Karen’s first career having first trained and worked as a nurse at a London teaching hospital. This makes Karen’s offering to clients unique as not only does she have outstanding organizational and legal skills but also a keen interest in the wellbeing of both clients and staff.
Finally, as LA’s COLP, Karen has overall responsibility for ensuring LA meets is professional obligations and helps coordinate and monitor the quality of our client service.
Trainee solicitor, RadcliffesLeBrasseur (formerly Radcliffes), 1985-87; solicitor, RadcliffesLeBrasseur (formerly Radcliffes), 1987-1990; solicitor, Lester Aldridge, 1992-1996; partner, Lester Aldridge, 1996 to present; compliance officer for Legal Practice (COLP), Lester Aldridge, 2013-present.
University of Birmingham 1983 Bachelor of Law LLB (Hons); Law School Chancery Lane; 1985 Solicitors Finals, Law (Distinction).
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Dorset and South Wiltshire
- Real estate > Commercial property: Dorset and South Wiltshire
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Dorset and South Wiltshire
- Human resources > Employment: Dorset and South Wiltshire
- Human resources > Health and safety
- Private client > Family
- Public sector > Health
- Insurance > Personal injury: claimant
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate