Jim Drysdale > Ledingham Chalmers LLP > Stirling, Scotland > Lawyer Profile
Ledingham Chalmers LLP Offices
STIRLING AGRICULTURAL CENTRE
- Go to...
Partner in rural unit specialising in all aspects of agricultural and rural law, including business structures, purchases, sales, leasing, forestry, salmon fisheries and sportings, land use and management including diversification, development and minerals, renewable energy, wind and hydro, and coalbed methane gas. Also an environmental lawyer of 30 years’ experience. Also advises on trusts and tax and financial planning and involved in advising family businesses on the broad range of issues affecting them. He is a trustee of several family trusts and through them is involved in various family businesses.
Qualified 1982; apprentice Brodies 1979-81; QA Murray Beith & Murray 1981-83; QA J & F Anderson (now Anderson Strathern) 1983, becoming a partner in 1986; joined Ledingham Chalmers as partner August 2013. University of Glasgow certificate in environment law; accredited specialist in agricultural law.
Agricultural Law Association; Writer to the Signet; UKELA; Law Society Rural Affairs Committee (Convener).
Winchester College; University of Aberdeen (1978 LLB).
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
The practice at Ledingham Chalmers LLP handles farming business restructurings, agricultural tenancy matters, farm and estate sales, while also acting for lenders on high-value security transactions. Key members of the team include Hazel Moir, who has decades of transactional experience; Linda Tinson, who draws on her experience as a partner in a farming business; and Jim Drysdale, a Law Society accredited specialist in agricultural law.
- Leading individuals - Scotland > Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Agriculture and estates - Scotland > Private client
- Energy (excluding oil and gas) - Scotland > Projects, energy and natural resources
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in Scotland
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in Scotland
- Insurance > Personal injury: defender
- Employment > Employment
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Real estate > Construction
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy (excluding oil and gas)