Ragan Montgomery > LCF Law > Bradford, England > Lawyer Profile
LCF Law Offices
ONE ST JAMES BUSINESS PARK
- Go to...
Ragan is a Partner at LCF Law with nearly 20 years’ experience dealing with disputes from the firm’s Yorkshire offices, particularly Bradford.
Dealing primarily in property litigation as well as will and trust disputes and professional negligence for a range of clients across England and Scotland, Ragan is a well-established litigation solicitor and mediator for LCF Law having first joined in 2003.
Ragan is one of a small number of lawyers who have been appointed as a Member of the Association of Contentious Trusts and Probate Specialists (ACTAPS) and a member of the STEP Contentious Trusts and Estates Special Interest Group.
Understanding at an early stage the need for a Contentious Trusts and Estates team to be established within LCF Law, Ragan became the first at the firm to work specifically on developing a department.
Her leadership has seen the Contentious Trusts and Estates team grow over five years to a six-strong outfit which is well-established, personable and respected among clients, colleagues and competitors. Many of her team are also The Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) members – including Ragan herself who is an affiliate member of STEP.
A qualified Civil and Commercial Mediator accredited by the ADR Group, Ragan is also a member of the Property Litigation Association and her expertise is recognised by the Leasehold Advisory Service.
Ragan is known for letting clients know exactly where they stand from the off and is skilled at discussing requirements, underlining the options available to recognising how to achieve the best outcome.
Outside of LCF Law, Ragan is a mentor for the Prince’s Trust Charity Mosaic programme where she meets Bradford schoolchildren and works on their confidence to achieve their aspirations.
Association of Contentious Trusts and Probate Specialists (ACTAPS) and a member of the STEP Contentious Trusts and Estates Special Interest Group.
Noted for its expertise in urgent possession claims in the High Court and County Court, LCF Law also handles forfeiture and breach of leasehold, and freehold covenant matters. Practice leader Ragan Montgomery focuses on the property elements of contentious trust and probate disputes, while Tom Edwards ‘has the knack of simplifying complex problems and managing them clearly and efficiently.’
- Property litigation - Yorkshire and the Humber > Real estate
- Leading individuals - Yorkshire and the Humber > Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Private client > Family: Leeds, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Real estate > Commercial property: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Leeds, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Employment > Employment: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Real estate > Planning