Andrew Evans > Lanyon Bowdler > Shrewsbury, England > Lawyer Profile
Lanyon Bowdler Offices
CHAPTER HOUSE NORTH
ABBEY LAWN, ABBEY FOREGATE
- Go to...
Commercial and agricultural property.
Senior partner with many years of experience in all aspects of non-contentious property work, both leasehold and freehold. Main area of specialism is development work, regularly dealing with site acquisitions (including options; conditional contracts; overage and claw back arrangements; and planning obligations), and estate development and sales.
Trained Morgans Solicitors, Ludlow; qualified 1980; assistant solicitor G H Medlicott & Son Solicitors 1981-82; assistant solicitor Beaumont Smith & Davies 1982-87, salaried partner 1987-89; solicitor Lanyon Bowdler 1989-1994, salaried partner 1994-96, equity partner 1996, senior partner 2015.
Agricultural Law Association; Tenant Farmers Association; Country Land Owners Association; Executive Committee of Shrewsbury Business Chamber, member of The Rotary Club of Shrewsbury.
Wakeman Grammar School, Shrewsbury (1967-1974); Birmingham Polytechnic (now Birmingham City University) (1974-77 BA Hons (Law)); College of Law, Chester (1977-78 Solicitors Part II Examinations).
Rugby union (member of England Rugby Supporters Club, follower of Leicester Tigers), English history (15th centry to end of Napoleonic wars, member of Richard III Society), music (all sorts, but mainly blues and rock), reading, dog walking.
Lanyon Bowdler is instructed by a diverse group of clients encompassing regional developers, landowners, farming companies, landlords and tenants. Group head Praveen Chaudhari is based in Telford and primarily focuses on commercial and agricultural property transactions including sales, acquisitions and commercial work. Shrewsbury-based Andrew Evans has a notable practice advising developers and landowners, and has been recently active in promotion agreements in the region.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in the West Midlands
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in the West Midlands
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in the West Midlands
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Public sector > Education
- Private client > Family: elsewhere in the West Midlands
- Crime, fraud and licensing > General crime and fraud
- Employment > Employment
- Real estate > Planning