Mr Matthew Liston > Langleys Solicitors LLP > York, England > Lawyer Profile
Langleys Solicitors LLP Offices
- Go to...
Mr Matthew Liston
Matthew joined the Insurance Division of Langley as a Partner in 2020. He is based in York and heads up the Professional Liability Unit.
Since qualifying as a solicitor, Matthew has specialised in defending claims against a wide range of professionals. These include: accountants, IFAs and insolvency practitioners; brokers (insurance and mortgage); construction professionals (including architects, contractors, engineers, and project managers); lawyers (solicitors and barristers); pension trustees and administrators; surveyors and estate agents; and technology professionals.
Matthew regularly deals with claims involving complex legal and strategic issues. Matthew also advises insurers in relation to policy coverage issues and disputes.
Since 2017, Matthew has been consistently recommended by Legal 500 for his professional liability defence work. He was a founding member of the professional liability team at his previous firm, helping to take that team to a top-tier ranking in the Legal 500.
Matthew has a keen interest in promoting diversity and inclusivity. He was awarded ‘Highly Commended’ in the ‘Role Model Making an Impact’ category at the 2019 UK Dive In Awards, the insurance industry’s global diversity and inclusion festival.
Trained at Thompsons Solicitors – qualified 2007; solicitor at Robin Simon 2007-2009; solicitor at Mills & Reeve 2009 to 2020 (appointed principal associate 2017 – equivalent to a salaried partner role); partner at Langleys Solicitors March 2020 to date.
Leeds Law Society; Chartered Insurance Institute.
University of York (2000 BA Hons, First Class); College of Law, York (2004 GDL, Commendation; 2005 LPC, Commendation).
Family, socialising and motorsport (particularly karting and Formula 1).
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Insurance > Personal injury: defendant
- Private client > Family: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Real estate > Commercial property: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Leeds, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Human resources > Employment: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire