Shannett Thompson > Kingsley Napley LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Kingsley Napley LLP Offices
14 ST JOHN'S LANE
- Go to...
Shannett has a varied client base which consists of regulators, individual registrants, care homes and other businesses.
In the healthcare sector, she is regularly instructed to conduct investigations on behalf of regulatory bodies in relation to allegations of a serious nature. She also appears as an advocate before both interim order and conduct and competence committees on behalf of her regulator clients.
In the education section, she acts in respect of cases where a decision may be made to prohibit teachers from the profession.
Shannett advises doctors and nurses in relation to fitness to practise investigations throughout the lifespan of a case, all the way through to appeal.
Shannett was listed by Brummel Magazine as ‘One to Watch’ in 2018. Shannett has contributed to publications by LexisNexis, the Journal of Professional Negligence and City Wealth Magazine. She is an avid commentator and has features in newspapers and blogs.
Shannett qualified in 2007 having completed her training in-house within a legal services department of a NHS Trust. She joined Kingsley Napley in 2011 and became a Partner in 2020.
Association of Regulatory & Disciplinary Lawyers (ARDL); Private Prosecutors’ Association (PPA)
Lawyer Rankings(Rising stars)
Kingsley Napley LLP‘s ‘professional discipline practice translates complex legal matters into simple, productive English‘. It covers the education, healthcare, finance, and professional and legal service sectors. Clients benefit from the group’s ability to work with members of the firm’s highly rated criminal, dispute resolution and public law departments. Nicola Hill, who heads up the regulatory team, advises many of the statutory healthcare, professional services and educational sector regulators. Iain Miller‘s clients include some of the largest law firms in the world, as well as almost all the legal service regulators in England and Wales. Melinka Berridge is the firm’s lead partner for a number of the team’s regulatory clients. Also recommended is Julie Norris, who advises professionals and corporations in the legal, financial, professional and health sectors. Other key names to note are Julie Matheson, who leads the team’s financial regulatory practice, and Sarah Harris, who acts on behalf of a large number of healthcare regulators. Barrister Hannah Eales and Shannett Thompson are notable senior associates.
- Professional discipline - London > Dispute resolution
- Rising stars - London > Dispute resolution > Professional discipline
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Public sector > Administrative and public law
- Insurance > Clinical negligence: claimant
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: general
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: white-collar crime (advice to individuals)
- Dispute resolution > Professional discipline
- Employment > Senior executives
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Family
- Private client > Family: mediation
- Private client > Court of protection
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: civil
- Employment > Health and safety
- Corporate and commercial > Partnership
- Risk advisory > Regulatory investigations and corporate crime (advice to corporates)
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Reputation management
- Real estate > Residential property
- Corporate and commercial > Financial services: contentious
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Dispute resolution > Tax litigation and investigations
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation: investment and retail
- Employment > Employers
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Employment > Immigration