Katie Newbury > Kingsley Napley LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Kingsley Napley LLP Offices
14 ST JOHN'S LANE
- Go to...
Katie is a Senior Associate in Kingsley Napley’s Immigration team and she heads up the Private Client Immigration team within the department. She advises on all aspects of UK personal immigration with an emphasis on more complex matters. She also specialises in applications for investors and those in the tech industry, nationality and human rights matters and applications for EEA nationals. She has a particular interest in complicated family applications including those with international adoption and surrogacy elements, working closely with Kingsley Napley’s Family & Divorce team and contributing articles on this subject to the legal press.
Katie writes and speaks regularly on UK immigration developments. She has written the “Immigration issues for family lawyers” chapter in the Resolution Guide to International Family Law.
Joined Kingsley Napley as a solicitor in 2012; Senior Associate in 2016 and began heading up the private client immigration team in 2018.
Katie is an active member of the Immigration Law Practitioners’ Association, contributing particularly to efforts to change the rules on family migration. She was elected to the position of VP of the Immigration and Labour Law Commission of the Association of Young Lawyers (AIJA) in 2018.
Pembroke College, University of Cambridge, BA Law
Lawyer Rankings(Rising stars)
The business immigration team at Kingsley Napley LLP has extensive experience in advising investors, entrepreneurs and high-net-worth individuals, an area in which Ilda De Sousa and practice head Nicolas Rollason are particularly recommended. Marcia Longdon has a focus on advising clients in the creative and entertainment sectors, for whom the firm has a strong offering. Another distinguishing feature is the firm’s Brexit advice: Elspeth Guild and senior associate Kim Vowden have a great deal of expertise in EU law. The private client practice also advises overstayers, handles judicial reviews and asylum cases for high profile individuals. Senior associate Katie Newbury advises on complex family matters, especially those involving international adoption or surrogacy.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Public sector > Administrative and public law
- Insurance > Clinical negligence: claimant
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: general
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: white-collar crime (advice to individuals)
- Dispute resolution > Professional discipline
- Employment > Senior executives
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Family
- Private client > Family: mediation
- Private client > Court of protection
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: civil
- Employment > Health and safety
- Corporate and commercial > Partnership
- Risk advisory > Regulatory investigations and corporate crime (advice to corporates)
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Reputation management
- Real estate > Residential property
- Corporate and commercial > Financial services: contentious
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Dispute resolution > Tax litigation and investigations
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation: investment and retail
- Employment > Employers
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Employment > Immigration