Hannah Eales > Kingsley Napley LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Kingsley Napley LLP Offices
14 ST JOHN'S LANE
- Go to...
Hannah is a partner in the Regulatory team. She is head of the Regulatory team of advocates. She specialises in professional discipline, regulatory, criminal and fire safety law.
In the area of professional discipline Hannah has acted for some of the leading regulatory bodies in high profile and complex cases. These regulators include the Health and Care Professions Council, the Teaching Regulation Agency, the Education and Workforce Council, the Nursing and Midwifery Council, the Architects Registration Board, CILEx Regulation and the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries.
Having acted for both the prosecution and defence throughout her career, Hannah fully understands the effect that proceedings may have on the individual or prosecuting body. She is known for being a thoughtful and fair advocate, whilst always seeking the best outcome for the client.
Hannah spent 8 years at the regulatory and criminal Bar prior to joining Kingsley Napley in 2013. Hannah became a Partner in 2020.
Hannah acts for and advises regulatory bodies and individuals appearing before a variety of fitness to practise committees.
Prior to joining the Bar Hannah was a legal advisor to the Magistrates’ Court.
Hannah is a Committee member of the Association of Regulatory & Disciplinary Lawyers (ARDL).
Lawyer Rankings(Rising stars)
Kingsley Napley LLP‘s ‘professional discipline practice translates complex legal matters into simple, productive English‘. It covers the education, healthcare, finance, and professional and legal service sectors. Clients benefit from the group’s ability to work with members of the firm’s highly rated criminal, dispute resolution and public law departments. Nicola Hill, who heads up the regulatory team, advises many of the statutory healthcare, professional services and educational sector regulators. Iain Miller‘s clients include some of the largest law firms in the world, as well as almost all the legal service regulators in England and Wales. Melinka Berridge is the firm’s lead partner for a number of the team’s regulatory clients. Also recommended is Julie Norris, who advises professionals and corporations in the legal, financial, professional and health sectors. Other key names to note are Julie Matheson, who leads the team’s financial regulatory practice, and Sarah Harris, who acts on behalf of a large number of healthcare regulators. Barrister Hannah Eales and Shannett Thompson are notable senior associates.
- Professional discipline - London > Dispute resolution
- Rising stars - London > Dispute resolution > Professional discipline
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Public sector > Administrative and public law
- Insurance > Clinical negligence: claimant
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: general
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: white-collar crime (advice to individuals)
- Dispute resolution > Professional discipline
- Employment > Senior executives
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Family
- Private client > Family: mediation
- Private client > Court of protection
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: civil
- Employment > Health and safety
- Corporate and commercial > Partnership
- Risk advisory > Regulatory investigations and corporate crime (advice to corporates)
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Reputation management
- Real estate > Residential property
- Corporate and commercial > Financial services: contentious
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Dispute resolution > Tax litigation and investigations
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation: investment and retail
- Employment > Employers
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Employment > Immigration