Nicola Finnerty > Kingsley Napley LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Kingsley Napley LLP Offices
14 ST JOHN'S LANE
- Go to...
Nicola is a leading criminal defence expert in white collar and business crime, general criminal defence, and proceeds of crime and asset forfeiture. Her expertise includes dealing with fraud, bribery and corruption, cartels, insider dealing, money laundering, and director’s disqualification.
Over the last 25 years she has been involved in many of the most high-profile, complex criminal and regulatory investigations and prosecutions. She represents high net worth individuals, multi-national corporate clients, financial institutions and professional firms in investigations and proceedings brought by all the UK enforcement agencies including the SFO, FCA, CMA, HMRC, NCA, and other prosecuting bodies.
She conducts and advises in internal investigations and is regularly appointed as an independent legal advisor. She also advises on matters relating to Mutual Legal Assistance.
Nicola has a wider criminal defence practice and has significant experience of representing suspects during the investigatory stage or while held in police custody and during police interview.
Peters & Peters (1992-2000); Corker Binning (founding partner) for over 13 years (2000-2014); Kingsley Napley (2018 – present).
Fraud Lawyers Association; Proceeds of Crime Lawyers Association
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
With a host of recognised leading individuals, Kingsley Napley LLP handles a wide range of cross-border cases involving everything from bribery and corruption, tax and false accounting claims, through to allegations of insider dealing and money laundering. The firm continues to see an uptick in instructions relating to Unexplained Wealth Orders (UWOs), asset forfeiture orders and account freezing orders. Co-head of team Louise Hodges is ‘a real leader in this field‘ and specialises in financial crime, FCA regulatory investigations and fraud. The ‘quick and energetic‘ Jonathan Grimes is experienced in the banking sector and often acts for clients in regulatory investigations. Caroline Day focuses on cartel activity and anti-competitive behaviour and handles interviews with the CMA. Nicola Finnerty advises individuals and corporates in cases brought by the SFO and NCA, among others. Highly experienced litigator Stephen Parkinson is also recommended.
- Fraud: white-collar crime (advice to individuals) - London > Crime, fraud and licensing
- Leading individuals - London > Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: white-collar crime (advice to individuals)
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Public sector > Administrative and public law
- Insurance > Clinical negligence: claimant
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: general
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: white-collar crime (advice to individuals)
- Dispute resolution > Professional discipline
- Employment > Senior executives
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Family
- Private client > Family: mediation
- Private client > Court of protection
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: civil
- Employment > Health and safety
- Corporate and commercial > Partnership
- Risk advisory > Regulatory investigations and corporate crime (advice to corporates)
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Reputation management
- Real estate > Residential property
- Corporate and commercial > Financial services: contentious
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Dispute resolution > Tax litigation and investigations
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation: investment and retail
- Employment > Employers
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Employment > Immigration