Edmund Smyth > Kingsley Napley LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Kingsley Napley LLP Offices
14 ST JOHN'S LANE
- Go to...
Ed has a long and successful track record representing individuals across the full range of criminal matters, focussing on white collar matters and acting for HNW or high-profile individuals facing allegations of violent or sexual offending.
His white collar and fraud practice encompasses investigations, prosecutions and other litigation conducted by various agencies and includes bribery and corruption, financial crime and money laundering. He has particular expertise dealing with law enforcement applications that seek to freeze or seize assets, including Account Freezing Orders and other applications made under the Proceeds of Crime Act, and of challenging the exercise of search and seizure. He has acted in a number of the most high-profile of such cases, often with an international dimension.
Ed also specialises in advising clients prior to, or at the earliest stages of, an investigation with a view to preventing further action. Where his cases engage issues beyond criminal law he engages other teams in the firm to provide a comprehensive solution. He also acts in appeals and applications to the Criminal Cases Review Commission (instructed post-conviction to identify potential challenge).
Joined Kingsley Napley 2014, Partner 2020.
Law Society, Criminal Procedure Rule committee, London Criminal Courts Solicitors Association (Committee member).
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Public sector > Administrative and public law
- Insurance > Clinical negligence: claimant
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: general
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: white-collar crime (advice to individuals)
- Dispute resolution > Professional discipline
- Employment > Senior executives
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Family
- Private client > Family: mediation
- Private client > Court of protection
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: civil
- Employment > Health and safety
- Corporate and commercial > Partnership
- Risk advisory > Regulatory investigations and corporate crime (advice to corporates)
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Reputation management
- Real estate > Residential property
- Corporate and commercial > Financial services: contentious
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Dispute resolution > Tax litigation and investigations
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation: investment and retail
- Employment > Employers
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Employment > Immigration