Sue Thackeray > Kingsley Napley LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Kingsley Napley LLP Offices
14 ST JOHN'S LANE
- Go to...
Sue has over 20 years’ experience in all aspects of commercial litigation for claimants and defendants, with particular expertise in:
• Civil fraud involving complex, multi-jurisdictional international commercial litigation (often where criminal, restraint or regulatory proceedings co-exist) including bribery and corruption, collective investment schemes, Ponzi and advance fee fraud schemes.
• Pre-emptive relief including freezing injunctions, search orders, restraint orders, civil recovery orders.
• Breach of fiduciary duty, breach of trust (including tracing claims), insolvency litigation, directors’ duties and directors’ disqualification.
• Sport related matters including contractual representation and dispute resolution, disciplinary and regulatory matters and IP rights enforcement.
• Reputation management and defamation.
Russell Jones & Walker (now Slater and Gordon) – 1982 – 2007
Howard Kennedy – Partner and Head of Commercial Litigation – 2007 – 2016
Kingsley Napley – Partner – 2016 – Current
Commercial Fraud Lawyers Association
Association of Regulatory and Disciplinary Lawyers Association
The London Solicitors Litigation Association
The Association of Contentious Trust and Probate Lawyers
The Female Fraud Forum
College of Law, London
Focusing primarily on football and motor racing, Kingsley Napley LLP has expertise in both contentious and non-contentious commercial matters, with a strong emphasis on regulatory work, private client and employment. Litigator Sue Thackeray leads the team and is highly experienced in sports-related disputes, particularly concerning civil fraud. Criminal litigator David Sleight has also defended athletes and other sporting professionals against claims of assault, driving offences and tax evasion.
Kingsley Napley LLP specialises in litigation and investigations involving civil fraud and white-collar crime, including cross-border cases. Richard Foss, who leads the dispute resolution practice, has particular expertise in financial services and banking disputes, often involving civil fraud. Sue Thackeray specialises in civil fraud, including complex cross-border cases involving parallel criminal or regulatory proceedings. William Christopher focuses on commercial litigation, including civil fraud claims.
The ‘lean and efficient‘ banking litigation team at Kingsley Napley LLP acts for individuals and corporate entities making claims against banks, financial advisers and other investment bodies. The group has particular expertise in investor and misselling claims and fraudulent misrepresentation litigation. Practice head Richard Foss has a breadth of experience in misselling claims, while Sue Thackeray specialises in multi-jurisdictional matters, often involving criminal, restraint or regulatory proceedings. Civil fraud and asset recover expert William Christopher ‘has great strategic instincts‘ while Jemma Brimblecombe is ‘excellent’.
Kingsley Napley LLP ‘has strength in depth, with very good collaboration between departments in cases that straddle different legal disciplines‘. The practice consistently attracts big-ticket, complex litigation, with clients benefiting from its in-house capability in relation to criminal law, regulatory issues, and media and reputation management. The firm also fields experts in related areas such as civil fraud, professional negligence, insolvency, banking and trusts. With over 25 years’ experience, Richard Foss leads the dispute resolution practice, and has particular expertise in financial services and banking disputes. The team further showcases commercial litigation specialists Ryan Mowat, Sue Thackeray, William Christopher and Fiona Simpson. Mary Young was made partner.
- Hall of Fame - London > Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: civil
- Commercial litigation: mid-market - London > Dispute resolution
- Fraud: civil - London > Crime, fraud and licensing
- Banking litigation: investment and retail - London > Dispute resolution
- Sport - London > TMT (technology, media and telecoms)
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Public sector > Administrative and public law
- Insurance > Clinical negligence: claimant
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: general
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: white-collar crime (advice to individuals)
- Dispute resolution > Professional discipline
- Employment > Senior executives
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Family
- Private client > Family: mediation
- Private client > Court of protection
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: civil
- Employment > Health and safety
- Corporate and commercial > Partnership
- Risk advisory > Regulatory investigations and corporate crime (advice to corporates)
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Reputation management
- Real estate > Residential property
- Corporate and commercial > Financial services: contentious
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Dispute resolution > Tax litigation and investigations
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation: investment and retail
- Employment > Employers
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Employment > Immigration