Sue Thackeray > Kingsley Napley LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Kingsley Napley LLP Offices
14 ST JOHN'S LANE
- Go to...
Sue is a Partner in the Dispute Resolution team. She has over 20 years’ experience in all aspects of commercial litigation for claimants and defendants, with particular expertise in civil fraud, insolvency, sport related matters including contractual representation and dispute resolution, disciplinary and regulatory matters and reputation management.
Sue has particular expertise representing individuals and corporates in the sport, financial services and music industries.
Russell Jones & Walker (now Slater and Gordon) – 1982 – 2007
Howard Kennedy – Partner and Head of Commercial Litigation – 2007 – 2016
Kingsley Napley – Partner – 2016 – Current
Fraud Lawyers’ Association
Commercial Fraud Lawyers’ Association
Association of Regulatory and Disciplinary Lawyers Association
The London Solicitors Litigation Association
The Association of Contentious Trust and Probate Lawyers
The Female Fraud Forum
College of Law, London
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Kingsley Napley LLP‘s fraud caseload include matters relating to insolvency, contractual disputes, directors’ duties, professional negligence, injunctions and freezing orders. Clients include governments, foreign banks, listed companies, trustees in bankruptcy, offshore trust companies, high-net-worth individuals and high-profile entrepreneurs. Sue Thackeray is recommended for her expertise in commercial litigation, international civil fraud proceedings, regulatory matters, as well as bribery, corruption and cyber fraud. Richard Foss heads the team.
Kingsley Napley LLP‘s cross-practice team specialises in the full spectrum of criminal, regulatory and civil contentious matters across the banking arena. It acts in claims against banks, financial advisers and other investment bodies, and has particular experience in investor and mis-selling claims, fraud-related disputes and fraudulent misrepresentation. Richard Foss leads the dispute resolution practice, of which Sue Thackeray, William Christopher, Ryan Mowat and Fiona Simpson are key members.
Kingsley Napley LLP has expertise in areas such as civil fraud, professional negligence, insolvency, banking and trusts, and its commercial litigation clients include listed companies, professional football clubs, government agencies, as well as trustees in bankruptcy, offshore trust companies, Middle Eastern banks and Formula 1 companies. The firm also advises high-net-worth individuals and high-profile entrepreneurs. Richard Foss leads the dispute resolution practice, which also fields Ryan Mowat, Sue Thackeray, William Christopher and Fiona Simpson. Mary Young was recently made partner.
Kingsley Napley LLP‘s sports team acts for football and Formula 1 clients, handling a high volume of disputes, often involving alleged breach of contract, and privacy related matters, in addition to advising in safeguarding cases. More broadly the team has expertise on commercial contracts and immigration in relation to player transfers, recently advising a sporting league on how work permits will change if the UK leaves the EU. Practice head Sue Thackeray specialises in dispute resolution and represents a number of high profile F1 drivers in a full-service capacity.
- Leading individuals - London > Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: civil
- Fraud: civil - London > Crime, fraud and licensing
- Banking litigation: investment and retail - London > Dispute resolution
- Commercial litigation - London > Dispute resolution
- Sport - London > TMT (technology, media and telecoms)
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Public sector > Administrative and public law
- Insurance > Clinical negligence: claimant
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: general
- Human resources > Employment: senior executives
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: white-collar crime
- Insurance > Clinical negligence: defendant
- Insurance > Clinical negligence: defendant
- Dispute resolution > Professional discipline
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Family
- Private client > Family: mediation
- Risk advisory > Regulatory investigations and corporate crime
- Risk advisory > Brexit
- Private client > Court of protection
- Corporate and commercial > Financial services: contentious
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: civil
- Human resources > Health and safety
- Corporate and commercial > Partnership
- Real estate > Residential property
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Risk advisory > Reputation management
- Dispute resolution > Tax litigation and investigations
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation: investment and retail
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Human resources > Employment: employers
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Human resources > Immigration