Jane Keir > Kingsley Napley LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Kingsley Napley LLP Offices
14 ST JOHN'S LANE
- Go to...
Family and divorce
Jane is a Partner in the Family & Divorce team. She is recognised for her expertise in protecting wealth, both pre and post-divorce. In February 2020, she represented the successful wife in winning a compensation award of £400,000 in RC v JC (2020) EWHC 466. She also represented the wife in the leading financial and trust case of Daga v Daga (Bangur)  EWFC.
Jane is a very technical lawyer who is known for finding novel and creative solutions for clients. She represents equal numbers of men and women and works closely with accountants and private wealth advisers.
Listed in Chambers UK and HNW guides; the 2020 Spears Top Flight Family Lawyers; The Legal 500; Citywealth’s Top Ten Matrimonial Lawyers and Top 20 Women in Private Wealth and in and in Who’s Who.
Regular speaker at conferences and contributor to publications including Law Society Gazette; Family Law; Farmers Weekly; The Lawyer; Spear’s Wealth; and The American among others.
Qualified in 1987. Joined Kingsley Napley in 1989; Head of Family 1999-2013; Senior partner 2013-2018.
Trustee of the Racing Foundation; The City of London Law Society; Fellow of the International Academy of Family Lawyers (IAFL); member of Resolution.
Queen Elizabeth Grammar School, Penrith; University of Northumbria (1984 LLB Hons).
Horse racing and breeding.
Lawyer Rankings(Hall of Fame)
The ‘dream team‘ at Kingsley Napley LLP is recognised for representing ultra-high-net-worth and high-profile clients in highly contested and complex finance cases and children proceedings. It regularly acts for City professionals in negotiating incomes (including deferred bonuses and private equity investments) and issues such as variations to existing joint lives maintenance orders. In addition, it has extensive experience in cases where the main asset of the marriage is in a company structure and in cases involving third parties, trustees and interveners. ‘Incredible team leader‘ Charlotte Bradley is recommended for her expertise in schedule 1 cases. Michael Rowlands, Jane Keir and Lauren Evans are also names to note.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Public sector > Administrative and public law
- Insurance > Clinical negligence: claimant
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: general
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: white-collar crime (advice to individuals)
- Dispute resolution > Professional discipline
- Employment > Senior executives
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Family
- Private client > Family: mediation
- Private client > Court of protection
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: civil
- Employment > Health and safety
- Corporate and commercial > Partnership
- Risk advisory > Regulatory investigations and corporate crime (advice to corporates)
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Reputation management
- Real estate > Residential property
- Corporate and commercial > Financial services: contentious
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Dispute resolution > Tax litigation and investigations
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation: investment and retail
- Employment > Employers
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Employment > Immigration