Charlotte Harris > Kingsley Napley LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Kingsley Napley LLP Offices
14 ST JOHN'S LANE
- Go to...
Charlotte is a Partner at Kingsley Napley where she leads the Reputation and Media team. She is a highly regarded and very well-known media law specialist. She was one of the first phone hacking lawyers and made her name representing celebrities in relation to privacy issues and, in particular, privacy injunctions.
Charlotte has extensive experience across areas including:
• Reputation and Media
• Pre and post-publication advice
During the course of her career, Charlotte has appeared before various Parliamentary Select Committees, including the Home Affairs Select Committee and the Joint Select Committee on Privacy and Injunctions and in respect of media standards and privacy during the development of the law in this area. Charlotte has represented over 100 claimants in the phone hacking claims since 2007 and gave evidence before the Parliamentary Select Committee as part of the Leveson inquiry.
Charlotte features regularly in the media, commenting on relevant case law, for example in The Telegraph, The Evening Standard, The Independent, The Times, BBC news and Panorama. Charlotte also appeared on Question Time in 2011.
Trained and barrister 5 Raymond Buildings; qualified 2000; assistant Schillings; associate George Davies Solicitor; partner and head of media JMW; partner Mishcon de Reya 2011; partner Kingsley Napley 2015.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Kingsley Napley LLP‘s reputation and media team advises corporates and high-profile individuals, with experience across politics, sports and the entertainment industries. The team regularly works alongside the firm’s criminal practice, able to advise clients on every aspect of their case from arrest, to charge and trial reporting. Practice head Charlotte Harris ‘is a very shrewd and experienced litigator’, who regularly leads on matters involving a political or religious component. Helen Morris specialises in data protection law, and also showcases a strong track record in libel and privacy litigation.
- Leading individuals - London > TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Reputation management
- Reputation management - London > TMT (technology, media and telecoms)
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Public sector > Administrative and public law
- Insurance > Clinical negligence: claimant
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: general
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: white-collar crime (advice to individuals)
- Dispute resolution > Professional discipline
- Employment > Senior executives
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Family
- Private client > Family: mediation
- Private client > Court of protection
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: civil
- Employment > Health and safety
- Corporate and commercial > Partnership
- Risk advisory > Regulatory investigations and corporate crime (advice to corporates)
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Reputation management
- Real estate > Residential property
- Corporate and commercial > Financial services: contentious
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Dispute resolution > Tax litigation and investigations
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation: investment and retail
- Employment > Employers
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Employment > Immigration