Jill Lorimer > Kingsley Napley LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Kingsley Napley LLP Offices
14 ST JOHN'S LANE
- Go to...
Jill is a partner in Kingsley Napley’s Financial Services Group. She has an extensive track record in advising firms and individuals facing regulatory and criminal investigations by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). Having recently completed a 12 month secondment in the Criminal Prosecutions Team at the FCA, Jill has particular insight into the organisation’s approach to the investigation and prosecution of serious financial offences.
Jill has particular experience in advising those facing insider dealing / market abuse and market manipulation allegations and offences under the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 (FSMA). She also advises a number of authorised firms including private banks, wealth management firms and brokerages in respect of supervisory and enforcement issues.
More generally, Jill has a broad fraud practice and has involvement in many of the largest Serious Fraud Office investigations. Jill has written widely on cyber-crime and has a particular interest in the regulatory and criminal aspects of crypto-assets and Initial Coin Offerings (ICOs).
Chapter contributor to:
Kingsley Napley: Serious Fraud, Investigation and Trial (4th edition, Lexis Nexis)
Cyber Security: Law and Guidance (Bloomsbury Professional)
Jill joined Kingsley Napley in 2007 and became a partner in 2014.
Financial Services Lawyers Association; Fraud Lawyers Association
Lawyer Rankings(Next Generation Partners)
Kingsley Napley LLP acts in the spectrum of financial services contentious cases, including criminal, civil and regulatory matters. The firm has ‘expertise in criminal law‘, particularly in defending individuals. The practice also has a focus on early intervention work and advising corporates and individuals on SMCR. Louise Hodges specialises in FCA regulatory investigations, financial crime and fraud. She co-leads the team with Jill Lorimer, who is known for advising individuals facing investigation and prosecution for insider dealing and market abuse.
- Next Generation Partners - London > Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: white-collar crime (advice to individuals)
- Financial services: contentious - London > Corporate and commercial
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Public sector > Administrative and public law
- Insurance > Clinical negligence: claimant
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: general
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: white-collar crime (advice to individuals)
- Dispute resolution > Professional discipline
- Employment > Senior executives
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Family
- Private client > Family: mediation
- Private client > Court of protection
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: civil
- Employment > Health and safety
- Corporate and commercial > Partnership
- Risk advisory > Regulatory investigations and corporate crime (advice to corporates)
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Reputation management
- Real estate > Residential property
- Corporate and commercial > Financial services: contentious
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Dispute resolution > Tax litigation and investigations
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation: investment and retail
- Employment > Employers
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Employment > Immigration