John Harding > Kingsley Napley LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Kingsley Napley LLP Offices
14 ST JOHN'S LANE
- Go to...
John undertakes general crime and police station advice, specialising particularly in relation to allegations of serious assaults, offences of a sexual nature and those relating to child abuse/abuse of positions of trust. John has represented a number of high profile individuals in connection to Operation Yewtree (police investigation into historic sex abuse). He represented the Swiss Re executive accused of murdering his young daughter, culminating in a special verdict of not guilty by reason of insanity. He also recently represented a Russian student from an affluent Russian family in relation to an allegation of gang rape at Woolwich Crown Court. John also represents clients in relation to all forms of serious fraud and business crime prosecuted by Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (HMRC), Serious Fraud Office (SFO) and the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) and other government agencies. Of note is John’s representation of police officers in relation to both Stockwell inquiries and the resulting inquest in relation to John Charles de Menezes. John also acted for the Chief Constable of North Yorkshire in relation to a misconduct hearing and the Chief Constable of Cleveland in relation to allegations of corruption and misconduct in a public office. He has also represented three senior officers accused of perverting the course of justice in Operation Kalmia.
Qualified 1988; worked in a firm in Uxbridge specialising in criminal law; Kingsley Napley LLP 1990; partner 1995 to date.
The Law Society; European Criminal Bar Association (ECBA); London Criminal Courts Solicitors Association (LCCSA); The Criminal Law Solicitors Association (CLSA); Association of Regulatory and Disciplinary Lawyers (ARDL); Solicitors Association of High Court Advocates (SAHCA).
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Public sector > Administrative and public law
- Insurance > Clinical negligence: claimant
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: general
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: white-collar crime (advice to individuals)
- Dispute resolution > Professional discipline
- Employment > Senior executives
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Family
- Private client > Family: mediation
- Private client > Court of protection
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: civil
- Employment > Health and safety
- Corporate and commercial > Partnership
- Risk advisory > Regulatory investigations and corporate crime (advice to corporates)
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Reputation management
- Real estate > Residential property
- Corporate and commercial > Financial services: contentious
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Dispute resolution > Tax litigation and investigations
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation: investment and retail
- Employment > Employers
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Employment > Immigration