Nicolas Rollason > Kingsley Napley LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Kingsley Napley LLP Offices
14 ST JOHN'S LANE
- Go to...
Nicolas is a partner and head of Kingsley Napley’s Business Immigration team, which is ranked in the top tier of leading UK directories as a ‘superb team of immigration lawyers’ with ‘enormous experience and great depth of practice’. The team’s dedicated immigration specialists advise clients on all areas of UK immigration and provide strategic advice to businesses on their UK and global immigration and compliance needs.
The team represents clients across a wide range of sectors, including financial services, law, media, energy, consulting and technology, with clients ranging from start-ups to household-name multinationals. The team also has extensive experience in advising tier one investors and entrepreneurs, internationally famous people and other high-net-worth clients, and has an established reputation for being able to deal with the most complex of cases.
Nick has extensive expertise across all immigration routes, with a widely recognised breadth of knowledge enabling him and his team to offer clear solutions to complex immigration problems. He is a well-known expert in EU immigration law and has litigated key test cases before the European Court of Justice. He is regularly consulted by the UK immigration authorities on proposed changes to UK immigration rules and policy. All aspects of UK corporate and personal immigration and nationality law, with particular expertise in EU free movement law.
Qualified 1996; Kingsley Napley 1997; partner 2003; head of the firm’s immigration practice 2009. Nick is a regular conference speaker and has written chapters on immigration in numerous publications, including ‘OUP Global Immigration Handbook’ and ‘LexisNexis Business Immigration Guide’. He was rapporteur to the Euopean Commission on the annual report on free movement from 1996-2005. He has also acted as a consultant to the OECD and International Labour Organisation on highly skilled migration issues.
Immigration Law Practitioners Association (ILPA); Alliance of Business Immigration Lawyers (ABIL); founding member European Immigration Lawyers Network (EILN); international associate member American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA); listed as a leading figure in Chambers UK and the International Who’s Who of Corporate Immigration Lawyers; The Law Society; Justice.
Hertford College, Oxford (1989 BA); Guildford College of Law
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Kingsley Napley LLP is ‘very capable of covering the spectrum of immigration law; from business to asylum, including family and private life applications‘; and the team is ‘always very willing to go above and beyond to provide the best service‘. The team acts for a variety of clients across the legal, professional services, financial services, sports, media, entertainment, education, technology and energy sectors on business immigration matters. It also advises entrepreneurs, investors, high-net-worth individuals and high-profile individuals on complex immigration matters. Nicolas Rollason and the ‘outstanding’ Elspeth Guild are European immigration law experts, while Marcia Longdon is experienced in advising both corporate and private clients on the immigration rules, the PBS and discretionary applications and has a growing practice acting for clients in the creative and entertainment sectors. Ilda De Sousa handles British nationality applications, appeals, judicial reviews and applications under European Law, and also assists employers on Tier 2 or Tier 5 sponsor registrations and handles compliance issues. The firm also handles a raft of asylum, human rights and overstay work and is involved in a number of appeals and judicial reviews. The team is noted for its experience in complex family applications involving surrogacy and adoption. Senior associates Katie Newbury, who heads the private client immigration team, and Kim Vowden, who is experienced in advising financial, media and technology sector clients on business immigration, are also key members of the team.
Kingsley Napley LLP’s immigration practice is at the forefront of EU law and Brexit work, and regularly assists companies looking to help UK-based EU staff and other individuals on residency issues arising from Brexit. Nicolas Rollason heads up the immigration team, and also jointly heads the Brexit group with employment partner Richard Fox and family lawyer Jane Keir. Fox regularly acts for corporates, professional partnerships, organisations and senior individuals on a variety of employment matters, with notable expertise in the banking, financial services, media and sport sectors. Keir is a key contact for wealth protection work and matrimonial issues. Charlotte Bradley is also singled out for her experience in European family cases. The firm’s public law group contributes to the Brexit coverage, and the team is also able to support French speaking clients.
- Leading individuals - London > Human resources > Immigration
- Brexit - London > Risk advisory
- Immigration - London > Human resources
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Public sector > Administrative and public law
- Insurance > Clinical negligence: claimant
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: general
- Human resources > Employment: senior executives
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: white-collar crime
- Insurance > Clinical negligence: defendant
- Insurance > Clinical negligence: defendant
- Dispute resolution > Professional discipline
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Family
- Private client > Family: mediation
- Risk advisory > Regulatory investigations and corporate crime
- Risk advisory > Brexit
- Private client > Court of protection
- Corporate and commercial > Financial services: contentious
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: civil
- Human resources > Health and safety
- Corporate and commercial > Partnership
- Real estate > Residential property
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Risk advisory > Reputation management
- Dispute resolution > Tax litigation and investigations
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation: investment and retail
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Human resources > Employment: employers
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Human resources > Immigration