Ilda De Sousa > Kingsley Napley LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Kingsley Napley LLP Offices
14 ST JOHN'S LANE
- Go to...
Ilda De Sousa
Ilda is a partner in the immigration team with more than ten years of UK corporate immigration law experience, managing large company clients as well as handling complex matters for individuals, British nationality applications, appeals, judicial reviews and applications under European Law including Brexit related advice. Ilda also has extensive knowledge and experience in all aspects of the Points Based System, including assisting employers with their Tiers 2 or 5 sponsor registrations and advising on immigration compliance issues. Equally, she has extensive experience in advising investors, entrepreneurs and high-net worth individuals.
Ilda has spoken on matters of immigration law for several distinguished organisations throughout her career. She has also written several articles on a variety of subjects relating to UK Immigration law.
UK country manager Emigra Europe Limited; associate ASG Immigration; Kingsley Napley LLP.
Ilda is a South African qualified attorney and a British qualified solicitor who joined the firm in January 2010.
Portuguese and Afrikaans.
Ilda is a member of the Immigration Law Practitioners’ Association (ILPA) and the International Bar Association (IBA).
University of the North West, South Africa (Bachelor in Jurisprudence; LLB).
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
The business immigration team at Kingsley Napley LLP has extensive experience in advising investors, entrepreneurs and high-net-worth individuals, an area in which Ilda De Sousa and practice head Nicolas Rollason are particularly recommended. Marcia Longdon has a focus on advising clients in the creative and entertainment sectors, for whom the firm has a strong offering. Another distinguishing feature is the firm’s Brexit advice: Elspeth Guild and senior associate Kim Vowden have a great deal of expertise in EU law. The private client practice also advises overstayers, handles judicial reviews and asylum cases for high profile individuals. Senior associate Katie Newbury advises on complex family matters, especially those involving international adoption or surrogacy.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Public sector > Administrative and public law
- Insurance > Clinical negligence: claimant
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: general
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: white-collar crime (advice to individuals)
- Dispute resolution > Professional discipline
- Employment > Senior executives
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Family
- Private client > Family: mediation
- Private client > Court of protection
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: civil
- Employment > Health and safety
- Corporate and commercial > Partnership
- Risk advisory > Regulatory investigations and corporate crime (advice to corporates)
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Reputation management
- Real estate > Residential property
- Corporate and commercial > Financial services: contentious
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Dispute resolution > Tax litigation and investigations
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation: investment and retail
- Employment > Employers
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Employment > Immigration