Jim Sawer > Kingsley Napley LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Kingsley Napley LLP Offices
14 ST JOHN'S LANE
- Go to...
Jim Sawer is a Partner in the Private Client team at Kingsley Napley. He has a broad private client practice and acts as principal trusted adviser to families with business and landed interests. Vastly experienced, he is noted for his ability to identify the true crux of a matter promptly and his inventive, can-do, and results-orientated approach to resolving private client issues in the family/business context. A recognised expert on the law and taxation of onshore and offshore trusts.
Jim was for many years the principal presenter on Private Client issues for Legal Network Television. He speaks regularly on Private Client issues to accountancy and financial advisory firms. His observations on topical tax , trust and succession issues appear regularly in the national press (including the Daily Mail, Daily Telegraph, Guardian and Financial Times). His blogs are frequently picked up and republished by other organisations.
Trained at Mills & Reeve, Norwich; qualified 1983; partner from 1988. Relocated to London in 2005. Joined Kingsley Napley as a partner in 2016.
The Law Society
University of Birmingham, LLB; College of Law, Guildford.
Amateur dramatics, travel and football.
Kingsley Napley LLP acts for a raft of politicians, sports and media celebrities, and business people. Team head James Ward is a full member of STEP and is particularly skilled in cross-border and digital asset matters. Jim Sawer is a leading practitioner in the domestic and international tax and trusts arena. He heads the UAE service and is a registered wills draftsman in the Dubai International Financial Centre’s Wills and Probate Registry, and therefore is authorised to draft and advise on DIFC-compliant wills.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Public sector > Administrative and public law
- Insurance > Clinical negligence: claimant
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: general
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: white-collar crime (advice to individuals)
- Dispute resolution > Professional discipline
- Employment > Senior executives
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Family
- Private client > Family: mediation
- Private client > Court of protection
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: civil
- Employment > Health and safety
- Corporate and commercial > Partnership
- Risk advisory > Regulatory investigations and corporate crime (advice to corporates)
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Reputation management
- Real estate > Residential property
- Corporate and commercial > Financial services: contentious
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Dispute resolution > Tax litigation and investigations
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation: investment and retail
- Employment > Employers
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Employment > Immigration