Adam Chapman > Kingsley Napley LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Kingsley Napley LLP Offices
14 ST JOHN'S LANE
- Go to...
Recognised as a “leader in his field”, Adam’s areas of expertise include; judicial review litigation; Human rights law; Public inquiries; Inquests and Information law – GDPR, PECR, FOI and EIRs.
In his judicial review practice he acts for both claimants and defendants with cases arising out of criminal investigations – including challenges to search warrants and arrests – regulatory proceedings and all aspects of policy development and implementation. His experience includes taking cases in the European Court of Human Rights and the European Court of Justice.
Adam also has very significant experience in acting for parties involved in public inquiries.
Adam’s data protection work ranges from compliance advice through to advising on responses to information security breaches and appeals against decisions of the ICO.
Qualified 1987; assistant solicitor Mishcon de Reya 1987-90; Treasury Solicitor’s Department 1991-2009; partner Kingsley Napley 2010.
Adam is a member of; The Law Society; The Administrative Law Bar Association (ALBA) and The Human Rights Lawyers Association (HRLA).
Colchester Royal Grammar School; Merton College, Oxford.
Lawyer Rankings(Hall of Fame)
Under a team led by Adam Chapman, Kingsley Napley LLP handles market-defining issues in the field of administrative and public law. On the public inquiries front, Sophie Kemp and Emily Carter are retained by senior police officers, religious institutions, utilities regulators, former soldiers and patient safety charities to represent their interests in high-profile investigations. As an indicator of the diverse claimant work handled, political organisations across the spectrum – from The Liberal Democrats to Leave.EU Group – engaged the team on judicial review challenges against national broadcasters concerning election coverage, and the Electoral Commission concerning campaign finance rules. Iain Miller’s regulatory practice is a leading voice in advising and drafting governance and policy regimes for national regulators and government bodies, while also providing litigation support when needed.
- Administrative and public law - London > Public sector
- Hall of Fame - London > Public sector > Administrative and public law
- Leading individuals - London > Public sector > Administrative and public law
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Public sector > Administrative and public law
- Insurance > Clinical negligence: claimant
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: general
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: white-collar crime (advice to individuals)
- Dispute resolution > Professional discipline
- Employment > Senior executives
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Family
- Private client > Family: mediation
- Private client > Court of protection
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: civil
- Employment > Health and safety
- Corporate and commercial > Partnership
- Risk advisory > Regulatory investigations and corporate crime (advice to corporates)
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Reputation management
- Real estate > Residential property
- Corporate and commercial > Financial services: contentious
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Dispute resolution > Tax litigation and investigations
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation: investment and retail
- Employment > Employers
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Employment > Immigration