Terrence Donovan > Kingsley Napley LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Kingsley Napley LLP Offices
14 ST JOHN'S LANE
- Go to...
Clinical negligence and personal injury.
Head of the medical negligence and personal injury department. Terry acts in very high value and complex cases, and frequently represents professional clients claiming substantial loss of income due to injuries. He also specialises in claims concerning accidents abroad, and serious sexual abuse cases.
Articled Boyd & Hutchinson 1986; qualified 1988; assistant solicitor Richards Butler (commercial litigation); assistant solicitor Compton Carr (began specialisation in clinical negligence); partner Bolt Burdon (clinical negligence); partner Bindman & Partners 1996; partner Kingsley Napley 2003. Publications of note: contribution to Inns of Court Bar Finals training material ‘Dealing with the Professional Client’; contribution chapter to ‘Advising Clients with HIV and Aids’ (Butterworths). Frequently lectures on medico-legal issues. Co-ordinator for the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers Clinical Negligence Special Interest Group.
AvMA clinical negligence referral panel member; APIL accredited senior litigator
Reading University (1980 BA Hons).
Member of Kingsley Napley choir, tennis, reading, gardening, being with family.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Kingsley Napley LLP is a ‘strong name in the field‘ of claimant clinical negligence, and consists of ‘superb partners‘ with ‘considerable collective experience‘. The firm handles the full range of medical malpractice matters, with particular expertise in spinal and brain injuries, meningitis cases, and matters concerning cerebral palsy. A particular specialism of practice head Terrence Donovan is acting in cases concerning suicide linked to poor psychiatric care. Other key members of the team include and senior associate Punam Sood, who is regularly involved with both wrongful birth claims and fatal cases.
- Clinical negligence: claimant - London > Insurance
- Leading individuals - London > Insurance > Clinical negligence: claimant
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Public sector > Administrative and public law
- Insurance > Clinical negligence: claimant
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: general
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: white-collar crime (advice to individuals)
- Dispute resolution > Professional discipline
- Employment > Senior executives
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Family
- Private client > Family: mediation
- Private client > Court of protection
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: civil
- Employment > Health and safety
- Corporate and commercial > Partnership
- Risk advisory > Regulatory investigations and corporate crime (advice to corporates)
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Reputation management
- Real estate > Residential property
- Corporate and commercial > Financial services: contentious
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Dispute resolution > Tax litigation and investigations
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation: investment and retail
- Employment > Employers
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Employment > Immigration