Michael Caplan QC > Kingsley Napley LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Kingsley Napley LLP Offices
14 ST JOHN'S LANE
- Go to...
Michael Caplan QC
Michael is a partner specialising in criminal investigations, advocacy, extradition and international crime, and prosecuting for and advising professional bodies.
Articled Lickfords, Wiley & Powles; qualified 1977; assistant solicitor until 1978; Kingsley Napley 1978, partner 1982; recorder on the South Eastern Circuit; authorised to sit as a Deputy High Court Judge; past chairman of the Solicitors Association of Higher Court Advocates; appointed QC 2002; a chair of the Police Appeals Tribunal; solicitor member of the Criminal Procedure Rule Committee; chair of the City of London Law Society’s Corporate Crime and Corruption Committee; member of the Sentencing Council for England and Wales.
Law Society; City of London Solicitors Company; Criminal Law Solicitors Association; Solicitors Association of Higher Court Advocates; International Bar Association; International Criminal Law Association; Association of Regulatory and Disciplinary Lawyers.
Henry Thornton School, Clapham; King’s College, London (LLB Hons); AKC (1974).
Family, sport, reading.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Public sector > Administrative and public law
- Insurance > Clinical negligence: claimant
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: general
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: white-collar crime (advice to individuals)
- Dispute resolution > Professional discipline
- Employment > Senior executives
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Family
- Private client > Family: mediation
- Private client > Court of protection
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: civil
- Employment > Health and safety
- Corporate and commercial > Partnership
- Risk advisory > Regulatory investigations and corporate crime (advice to corporates)
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Reputation management
- Real estate > Residential property
- Corporate and commercial > Financial services: contentious
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Dispute resolution > Tax litigation and investigations
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation: investment and retail
- Employment > Employers
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Employment > Immigration