Philip Salvesen > Kingsley Napley LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Kingsley Napley LLP Offices
14 ST JOHN'S LANE
- Go to...
Phil specialises in advising individuals and corporates in relation to criminal and regulatory issues. His practice covers all areas of business and financial crime, financial services investigations, contentious regulatory matters and internal investigations.
Phil has experience of advising on complex and high profile investigations and prosecutions by a wide range of bodies, including the Serious Fraud Office (SFO), Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA), Crown Prosecution Service (CPS), National Crime Agency (NCA), HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC), Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) and Insolvency Service.
His cases frequently involve serious allegations such as fraud, market abuse, insider dealing, money laundering, false accounting, bribery and corruption, electoral offences and anti-competitive behaviour.
Phil also has experience of asset freezing and forfeiture cases under the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002, including advising on and challenging restraint orders and account freezing orders (AFOs). Many of Phil’s cases have an international element and he has advised on cross-border investigations, extradition proceedings and Interpol matters.
Qualified 2016; associate Withers LLP 2016-2018; associate Kingsley Napley 2018-present.
Financial Services Lawyers Association (FSLA), London Criminal Courts Solicitors’ Association (LCCSA), Young Fraud Lawyers’ Association (YFLA)
Durham University – Bachelor of Laws (LLB) (First Class Honours); BPP University – Legal Practice Course (LPC) (Distinction)
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Public sector > Administrative and public law
- Insurance > Clinical negligence: claimant
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: general
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: white-collar crime (advice to individuals)
- Dispute resolution > Professional discipline
- Employment > Senior executives
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Family
- Private client > Family: mediation
- Private client > Court of protection
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: civil
- Employment > Health and safety
- Corporate and commercial > Partnership
- Risk advisory > Regulatory investigations and corporate crime (advice to corporates)
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Reputation management
- Real estate > Residential property
- Corporate and commercial > Financial services: contentious
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Dispute resolution > Tax litigation and investigations
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation: investment and retail
- Employment > Employers
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Employment > Immigration