Firm Profile > Kennedys > Herzliya, Israel
2 Hamenofim St.
Sea View Building
- Go to...
- Firm Profile
- Main Contacts
- Lawyer Profiles
- International Capabilities
- Comparative Guides
Kennedys > The Legal 500 Rankings
Israel > Insurance Tier 1
Boutique insurance firm Kennedys's 'top quality' team attracts a significant amount of international insurance work. The team represents clients in all types of insurance litigation and ADR, including professional liability, cyber insurance, personal injury, construction and D&O claims. Highlights included representing NTA in relation to the insurance law aspects of its major railway projects across Israel, including various torts. Zvika Zelichov is known for representing insurers and reinsurers before all levels of Israel's court system and in international arbitrations before the ICC and the LCIA. Chaim Zelichov has standout experience in medical malpractice suits.
Zvika Zelichov; Chaim Zelichov
‘The team brings vast experience coupled with clear and imaginative solutions to many insurance issues in Israel.’
‘I had only very good experiences working with the Zelichov family prior to it joining forces with Dan and Kennedys, the latter of which I have a lot of UK experience working with in my field of construction and construction liability claims. This association gives them an excellent platform to continue their role as front runners in the legal profession.’
‘I can only speak knowledgeably of Chaim and Zvika Zelichov, with whom I think I have an excellent relationship that exceeds our professional respect for one another and extends to great friendship.’
‘In my experience, they are the best insurance firm in the country. Significant depth, and used by all insurers in Israel.’
‘Zvika Zelichov is the managing partner and the best known insurance lawyer in Israel, with tremendous experience. ’
‘The leading Israeli firm for insurance matters, in particular insurance related disputes.’
‘Zvika Zelichov is one of the leading experts in Israel on insurance matters. He is very experienced, well connected and has a great client basis. He is very committed to his cases and will always go the extra mile to serve his clients.’
Harel Insurance Company Ltd.
Midgal Insurance Company Ltd.
Menora Insurance Company Ltd.
Clal Insurance Company Ltd.
Intel Electronics Ltd.
NTA – The Tel-Aviv Metro
Leumit Sick Fund
Herzliya Medical Centre
GM Midea Refrigeration Equipment
SCOR Insurance Company
Kennedys > Firm Profile
Our Israel practice consists of a team of skilled, multilingual lawyers (including Hebrew speakers and Israeli qualified lawyers) who understand and have experience of Israeli business and culture. We aim to give rapid and practical legal advice tailored to your needs. We provide our London and international insurer clients with insurance and reinsurance coverage advice as well as monitoring, claims administration, management and coordination services relating to Israeli risks.
Our work highlights include:
- Advising London, German, and Swiss insurers on a number of claims in Israel, including on the scope of coverage, relating to various issues such as medical malpractice, personal injury and professional liability.
- Appeared over 100 times in the Supreme Court of the State of Israel, in both of its capacities as the highest appellant division and as the High Court of Justice in insurance, torts civil and commercial related matters.
- Representing a chemical company and their insurers and reinsurers in a multi-million subrogation claim following fire damages at a chemical plant.
- Representing two insurance companies and reinsures in a multi-million subrogation claim against an electrical manufacturer following damages that occurred in gas turbines.
- Advising London insurers on coverage relating to major flooding damage relating to a prestigious Israeli PPI infrastructure project.
- Representing a US manufacturer in respect of a major medical implant product recall in Israel.
- Advising foreign leading airlines on cargo claims issued against them by Israeli entities.
- Advising Israeli and UK insurers in connection with a recall of Israeli manufactured consumer products in the US.
- Acting for the international insurance market in respect of major damage to a ship by an underwater installation in the port of Hadera.
- Advising UK insurers on, and monitoring, a series of related EPL claims brought in the Tel Aviv labour court.
LanguagesEnglish (fluent) Hebrew
Everyone at Kennedys has a duty to act in accordance with our equality and diversity policy. They must treat others with dignity at all times, and not discriminate against or harass job applicants or other employees regardless of their status.
Our equality and diversity policy covers:
Discrimination is prohibited on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
Recruitment and selection
Job applicants do not suffer discrimination, job selection criteria are regularly reviewed to ensure they are relevant to the job, and short listing of applicants is completed by more than one person.
Training and promotion
Training needs are identified through regular reviews. All promotion decisions will be made on the basis of merit.
Termination of employment
Any disciplinary procedures and penalties are applied without discrimination and redundancy criterion and procedures are fair and objective.
Treating outside parties
Kennedys is free to accept instruction from any particular client and refusal to act will not be based on any protected characteristics. Lawyers will be instructed based on their skills, experience and ability.
Workforce composition is monitored at all levels to ensure equality of opportunity across the firm. Where appropriate, steps will be taken to identify and remove unjustified barriers.
Those with a disability will be treated fairly and reasonable adjustments to the workplace, or job content, will be made to ensure that an employee with a disability is not disadvantaged.
United Kingdom: Product Liability
Published: March 2021
Authors: Samantha Silver Karishma Paroha Ed Gibson Emily Burrett
This country-specific Q&A provides an overview to Product Liability laws and regulations that may occur in United Kingdom.
France: Insurance & Reinsurance
Published: April 2021
Authors: Alexis Valencon Nicolas Bouckaert
This country-specific Q&A provides an overview to Insurance & Reinsurance laws and regulations that may occur in France.