David Pickering > JMW Solicitors LLP > Manchester, England > Lawyer Profile
JMW Solicitors LLP Offices
1 BYROM PLACE
- Go to...
David specialises in acting for clients following relationship breakdowns, involving all forms of assets, on and off shore including businesses, residential and commercial property, trusts and pensions. David has specialist expertise in cases involving assets located in Spain, France and elsewhere and dealing with offshore trusts.
2018 – present: JMW Solicitors LLP. 2007-2018: DWF LLP. 1983-2007: Cobbetts (appointed partner in 1988). 1977-1980: Percy Hibbert & Burden (qualified 1980).
Born in 1955; resides in Manchester. Hobbies include soccer, golf and skiing.
Lawyer Rankings(Hall of Fame)
Jointly led by Michael Chapman and Elspeth Kinder, the team at JMW Solicitors LLP advises high-net-worth property developers and sports stars on multi-jurisdictional family matters. Chapman is a specialist in Schedule 1 Children Act cases, while Kinder is a key contact regarding matrimonial finance and children proceedings. Liverpool team leader Beverley Jones focuses on complicated children matters and surrogacy cases. David Pickering is noted for advising on cases involving multi-jurisdictional assets and offshore trusts. In May 2022 Ruth Kearns and Katie Lowe were both promoted to partner, while Ruben Sinha joined from Miles Preston.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: general crime and fraud
- Private client > Family
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Manchester
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Employment > Employment
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Real estate > Commercial property: Manchester
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Manchester
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Real estate > Construction