Joe Cobb > JMW Solicitors LLP > Manchester, England > Lawyer Profile
JMW Solicitors LLP Offices
1 BYROM PLACE
- Go to...
Partner & Head of Private Client
Joe joined JMW in July 2019 in the Private Client Department, having spent ten years at Addleshaw Goddard. His expertise relates to providing tax, estate and succession planning to ultra-high net worth individuals, institutional clients and entrepreneurs, with a focus on owner-managed businesses and corporate vehicles. He also has extensive experience advising on trust formation and administration, high value and international estate administration, and contentions trusts and estates.
JMW Solicitors (2019-Present):
Head of Private Client (2021-)
Addleshaw Goddard (2009-2019):
Trainee Solicitor (2009-2011)
Managing Associate (2018-2019)
The Society of Trusts and Estates Practitioners (Full Member)
The University of Manchester, LLB (2005-2008), BPP Law School, LPC (2008-2009)
Foreign travel and plenty of sport!
Lawyer Rankings(Next Generation Partners)
JMW Solicitors LLP advises ultra-high-net-worth individuals on estate planning and succession planning, as well as advising vulnerable clients through Court of Protection work. Matters frequently have a cross-jurisdictional element. Practice head Joe Cobb focuses on inheritance tax mitigation strategies, succession planning, and international estate administration, as well as contentious trusts and estates. Head of the court of protection team Megan Christie-Copeland covers contested deputyship applications and hearings. She works alongside Andrew Cusworth. Paul Gotch departed in November 2021, preceded by Tasnim Khalid who left in June 2021.
- Next Generation Partners - North West > Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Personal tax, trusts and probate - North West > Private client
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: general crime and fraud
- Private client > Family
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Manchester
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Employment > Employment
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Real estate > Commercial property: Manchester
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Manchester
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Real estate > Construction