Graham Small > JMW Solicitors LLP > Manchester, England > Lawyer Profile
JMW Solicitors LLP Offices
1 BYROM PLACE
- Firm Profile
- Go to...
Graham has practised commercial law in Manchester for over 25 years and in that time has handled most forms of commercial disputes.
He handles complex commercial disputes including applications for urgent interim relief, professional negligence claims and shareholder disputes including appeals to the Court of Appeal and Supreme Court.
He acts on contentious insolvency matters including claims against directors under the Insolvency Act. His work increasingly involves allegations of fraud and dishonesty and often in regulated industries and professions.
Graham also handles civil claims for malicious prosecution and misfeasance in public office.
DWF – 1987- 1997 (Partner from 1989)
Rowe Cohen 1997 – 2007 (Managing Partner from 2004)
Lewis Hymanson Small 2007-2014 (Senior Partner)
LHS Solicitors/Markel legal Services 2014-2016 (Director – Head of Commercial Legal Services)
Liverpool John Moores University 1981-1983 BA Law
Keen golfer and general sports fan
North West > Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Manchester
Following Marc Yaffe‘s internal relocation to a management position, the team at JMW Solicitors LLP is now under the capable leadership of Steve Morris, whose expertise spans contractual and shareholder disputes, warranty and fraud claims, fraud, professional negligence, and obtaining and defending injunctions. Other key practitioners include Graham Small, who oversees business interruption insurance claims within the practice, and Claire Brown, whose area of expertise covers all mandates with a nexus to sports law. Also of note was Rebecca Young‘s promotion to partner in May 2021.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: general crime and fraud
- Private client > Family
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Manchester
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Employment > Employment
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Real estate > Commercial property: Manchester
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Manchester
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Real estate > Construction