Graham Small > JMW Solicitors LLP > Manchester, England > Lawyer Profile
JMW Solicitors LLP Offices
1 BYROM PLACE
- Go to...
Graham has practised commercial law in Manchester for over 25 years and in that time has handled most forms of commercial disputes.
He handles complex commercial disputes including applications for urgent interim relief, professional negligence claims and shareholder disputes including appeals to the Court of Appeal and Supreme Court.
He acts on contentious insolvency matters including claims against directors under the Insolvency Act. His work increasingly involves allegations of fraud and dishonesty and often in regulated industries and professions.
Graham also handles civil claims for malicious prosecution and misfeasance in public office.
DWF – 1987- 1997 (Partner from 1989)
Rowe Cohen 1997 – 2007 (Managing Partner from 2004)
Lewis Hymanson Small 2007-2014 (Senior Partner)
LHS Solicitors/Markel legal Services 2014-2016 (Director – Head of Commercial Legal Services)
Liverpool John Moores University 1981-1983 BA Law
Keen golfer and general sports fan
JMW Solicitors LLP‘s sweet spot lies in acting for listed and unlisted plcs, SMEs and high-net-worth individuals in a range of commercial disputes; it also has an impressive reputation in sports sector disputes, with practice head Marc Yaffe a key name for high-profile individuals and companies in this space. The team is increasingly recognised for acting for claimants in data protection group actions. Other areas of expertise include corporate disputes (which are a focus for Steve Morris and Michael Kennedy), professional negligence and contentious construction matters, which are among Mark Jones‘ specialisms, and public law and judicial review proceedings, for which Oliver Wright is a name to note. The ‘commercially astute‘ Graham Small is highlighted for his breadth of commercial, insolvency and fraud disputes experience, while Claire Brown‘s expertise includes contractual and professional negligence issues.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: fraud
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: general
- Private client > Family
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Manchester
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Employment > Employment
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Real estate > Commercial property: Manchester
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Manchester
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Construction
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant