Steve Morris > JMW Solicitors LLP > Manchester, England > Lawyer Profile
JMW Solicitors LLP Offices
1 BYROM PLACE
- Firm Profile
- Go to...
Partner in the Commercial Litigation team. Steve acts in respect of general commercial and corporate disputes for a wide variety of clients, including warranty claims, shareholder and partnership disputes, breaches of contract, fraud, professional negligence and all forms of injunctions.
His experience includes:
- Obtaining judgment for £10.8million and obtaining a finding of fraud on a fraudulent warranty claim;
- Successfully defending a contractual claim for £58m in an adjudication;
- Successfully defending an unfair prejudice shareholder claim which was discontinued by the Petitioners after 3 days of the trial;
- Acting as a High Court appointed Supervising Solicitor in the execution of numerous search & seize injunctions; and
- Representing clients in over 50 mediations.
Trained at Laytons in the City; qualified in 1995. Made Partner at Halliwells in 2005. Moved to DWF in 2010 and joined JMW in May 2019.
French and German
Oxford University, Birkenhead School
Football, golf, tennis and hill walking
North West > Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Manchester(Hall of Fame)
Following Marc Yaffe‘s internal relocation to a management position, the team at JMW Solicitors LLP is now under the capable leadership of Steve Morris, whose expertise spans contractual and shareholder disputes, warranty and fraud claims, fraud, professional negligence, and obtaining and defending injunctions. Other key practitioners include Graham Small, who oversees business interruption insurance claims within the practice, and Claire Brown, whose area of expertise covers all mandates with a nexus to sports law. Also of note was Rebecca Young‘s promotion to partner in May 2021.
- Hall of Fame - North West > Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Manchester
- Commercial litigation: Manchester - North West > Dispute resolution
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: general crime and fraud
- Private client > Family
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Manchester
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Employment > Employment
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Real estate > Commercial property: Manchester
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Manchester
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Real estate > Construction