Steve Morris > JMW Solicitors LLP > Manchester, England > Lawyer Profile
JMW Solicitors LLP Offices
1 BYROM PLACE
- Go to...
Partner in the Commercial Litigation team. Steve acts in respect of general commercial and corporate disputes for a wide variety of clients, including warranty claims, shareholder and partnership disputes, breaches of contract, fraud, professional negligence and all forms of injunctions.
His experience includes:
- Obtaining judgment for £10.8million and obtaining a finding of fraud on a fraudulent warranty claim;
- Successfully defending a contractual claim for £58m in an adjudication;
- Successfully defending an unfair prejudice shareholder claim which was discontinued by the Petitioners after 3 days of the trial;
- Acting as a High Court appointed Supervising Solicitor in the execution of numerous search & seize injunctions; and
- Representing clients in over 50 mediations.
Trained at Laytons in the City; qualified in 1995. Made Partner at Halliwells in 2005. Moved to DWF in 2010 and joined JMW in May 2019.
French and German
Oxford University, Birkenhead School
Football, golf, tennis and hill walking
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
JMW Solicitors LLP‘s sweet spot lies in acting for listed and unlisted plcs, SMEs and high-net-worth individuals in a range of commercial disputes; it also has an impressive reputation in sports sector disputes, with practice head Marc Yaffe a key name for high-profile individuals and companies in this space. The team is increasingly recognised for acting for claimants in data protection group actions. Other areas of expertise include corporate disputes (which are a focus for Steve Morris and Michael Kennedy), professional negligence and contentious construction matters, which are among Mark Jones‘ specialisms, and public law and judicial review proceedings, for which Oliver Wright is a name to note. The ‘commercially astute‘ Graham Small is highlighted for his breadth of commercial, insolvency and fraud disputes experience, while Claire Brown‘s expertise includes contractual and professional negligence issues.
- Leading individuals - North West > Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Manchester
- Commercial litigation: Manchester - North West > Dispute resolution
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: fraud
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: general
- Private client > Family
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Manchester
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Employment > Employment
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Real estate > Commercial property: Manchester
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Manchester
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Construction
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant