Elspeth Kinder > JMW Solicitors LLP > Manchester, England > Lawyer Profile
JMW Solicitors LLP Offices
1 BYROM PLACE
- Go to...
Joint Head of Family law advising clients on the breakdown of their relationship as to how best to resolve complex issues concerning the treatment of their assets and income, and the appropriate arrangements for their children.
Following her degree at the University of Leeds, Elspeth qualified as a Solicitor into Cobbetts’ Family Team in 2005. Working alongside David Pickering throughout her career, Elspeth transitioned with the Cobbetts’ Family Team to join national firm DWF LLP in 2007, where she was made a Partner in 2015. Elspeth and David were invited to join JMW in May 2018, moving their highly regarded Tier 1 Team to join the equally successful JMW Family Team to become the largest team in the region and where she is currently Joint Head of Family Law.
University of Leeds, LLB 2002, 2:1
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Jointly led by Michael Chapman and Elspeth Kinder, the team at JMW Solicitors LLP advises high-net-worth property developers and sports stars on multi-jurisdictional family matters. Chapman is a specialist in Schedule 1 Children Act cases, while Kinder is a key contact regarding matrimonial finance and children proceedings. Liverpool team leader Beverley Jones focuses on complicated children matters and surrogacy cases. David Pickering is noted for advising on cases involving multi-jurisdictional assets and offshore trusts. In May 2022 Ruth Kearns and Katie Lowe were both promoted to partner, while Ruben Sinha joined from Miles Preston.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: general crime and fraud
- Private client > Family
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Manchester
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Employment > Employment
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Real estate > Commercial property: Manchester
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Manchester
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Real estate > Construction