Elspeth Kinder > JMW Solicitors LLP > Manchester, England > Lawyer Profile
JMW Solicitors LLP Offices
1 BYROM PLACE
- Go to...
Joint Head of Family law advising clients on the breakdown of their relationship as to how best to resolve complex issues concerning the treatment of their assets and income, and the appropriate arrangements for their children.
Following her degree at the University of Leeds, Elspeth qualified as a Solicitor into Cobbetts’ Family Team in 2005. Working alongside David Pickering throughout her career, Elspeth transitioned with the Cobbetts’ Family Team to join national firm DWF LLP in 2007, where she was made a Partner in 2015. Elspeth and David were invited to join JMW in May 2018, moving their highly regarded Tier 1 Team to join the equally successful JMW Family Team to become the largest team in the region and where she is currently Joint Head of Family Law.
University of Leeds, LLB 2002, 2:1
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Praised for its ability to ‘analyse complex financial situations‘, JMW Solicitors LLP remains one of the preeminent family firms in the northwest, possessing a deep bench of lawyers that competently advise on divorce, children and Court of Protection matters. The team provide trusted counsel to companies looking for guidance on complex trusts cases, as well as having a wealth of knowledge regarding pre and post nuptial agreements, surrogacy law and the ever-evolving cryptocurrency sphere. Head of the family department Michael Chapman is revered for his expertise in Schedule 1 child cases, and leads alongside Elspeth Kinder who has a broad practice that is largely focused on complex cross border divorce and matrimonial finance matters. Beverly Jones ‘has developed and manages a leading team’ in the Liverpool office and is a sought-after practitioner due to her expert understanding of surrogacy law. Abigail Bennett‘s role as an in-house barrister results in her being an integral part of the firm’s caseload, especially when it concerns private children work. Katie Lowe is also recommended.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Insurance > Clinical negligence: claimant
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: general crime and fraud
- Private client > Family
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Insurance > Personal injury: claimant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Manchester
- Real estate > Commercial property: Manchester
- Employment > Employment
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Manchester
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Real estate > Construction