Tasnim Khalid > JMW Solicitors LLP > Manchester, England > Lawyer Profile
JMW Solicitors LLP Offices
1 BYROM PLACE
- Go to...
Partner, Private Client Department
Tasnim mainly acts for entrepreneurial clients and landed gentry with their estate planning requirements. Tasnim specialises in Inheritance Tax Planning and completed her inheritance tax and trust modules for Chartered Tax Advisors. She also specialises in business succession planning (and the use of trusts and family investment companies), wills, estate planning for the older clients, the general creation and administration of trusts, charitable trusts, probate, powers of attorney and the Court of Protection. Tasnim acts for a vast number of international clients in relation to their non-domicile status and has primarily acted for clients from across the Middle East and Asia. Tasnim is also a niche Shariah Compliant Wills and Estate Planning advisor. Tasnim acts as a professional trustee and professional deputy on behalf of clients.
Tasnim has worked in the private client arena since 2005 and is a leading specialist in her field.
Tasnim trained at Geoffry Lucas Solicitors and qualified in 2009. She joined JMW Solicitors in 2011 and was made Partner in 2016.
Tasnim and JMW have achieved the following accolades: JCI Legal Professional of the Year 2012 Finalist, JMW Employee of the Year 2013 Winner, Law Firm of the Year 2014 Winner, Best Private Client Team of the Year 2015 Winner. Tasnim regularly appears on BBC Radio to advise clients about the importance of estate planning.
Shrewsbury High School; University of West England, LLB 2003; LPC 2004; STEP 2015
Tasnim Khalid leads the Manchester-based team at JMW Solicitors LLP, which is highly adept at handling complex estate planning issues, with particular expertise in family investment companies and trust planning work. As well as dealing on a regular basis with charitable trusts, the firm also has extensive experience in cross-jurisdictional wills and estates, where it advises high-profile sports and media personalities. Other clients include family business owners, landed gentry and farming families, which the group assists with agricultural property relief and business property relief issues. In autumn 2020 a 14-strong Court of Protection team led by Megan Christie-Copeland and Andrew Cusworth joined the firm from Linder Myers.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: fraud
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: general
- Private client > Family
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Manchester
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Employment > Employment
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Real estate > Commercial property: Manchester
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Manchester
- Real estate > Construction
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant