Paul Chamberlain > JMW Solicitors LLP > Manchester, England > Lawyer Profile
JMW Solicitors LLP Offices
1 BYROM PLACE
- Go to...
Partner and Head of Department and brings with him nearly 30 years’ employment law experience.
He has a particular interest (and nationally-recognised expertise) in the law relating to the recruitment industry, advising and providing training on employment status issues, the Agency Workers’ Regulations, GLAA matters, the Working Time Regulations, TUPE and industry-specific regulatory compliance matters. He also acts for senior executives.
Walker Morris 1992-1997; Lopian Wagner 1997-2001; Brabners 2001-2019; JMW 2019 – Present
Employment Lawyers’ Association
Byrchall High School, Wigan College of Technology, University of Leicester, College of Law
Classical singing, playing the piano and organ and Musical Director of a local choir
JMW Solicitors LLP advises on large-scale redundancies and reorganisations, TUPE, restrictive covenants, and high-value discrimination claims. Practice head Paul Chamberlain is a key contact regarding regulatory compliance, while Simon Bloch is also experienced advising clients in recruitment compliance, as well as in restrictive covenant disputes and employment issues involving the use of social media. The team brought on newly qualified assistant solicitors Grace O’Driscoll and Zila Lwanda in July and September 2021. Ian Tranter retired in December 2021, while Jennifer Smith departed in July 2021.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: general crime and fraud
- Private client > Family
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Manchester
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Employment > Employment
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Real estate > Commercial property: Manchester
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Manchester
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Real estate > Construction