Mike Rainford > JMW Solicitors LLP > Manchester, England > Lawyer Profile
JMW Solicitors LLP Offices
1 BYROM PLACE
- Go to...
Partner specialising in financial crime and regulatory matters for over 35 years. He has dealt successfully with a number of high profile cases.
His expertise are wide ranging and include cases involving:
- Company fraud
- Carousel fraud
- Boiler room fraud
- Investment share dealing
- Taxation fraud.
Mike’s Regulatory experience also encompasses many areas including Trading Standards, environmental, health and safety, tax investigation, business innovation and skills investigations, insolvency service investigations, FCA investigations re banks, accountants and IFAs, cyber crime including theft of intellectual property and hacking.
Chambers and Partners 2016 say Mike “regularly acts in major investigations led by leading enforcement agencies including the BIS, CBI and FCA. He specialises in a number of areas including tax fraud, commercial fraud and POCA related work.
Qualified in 1981
Head of business crime at Betesh fox 1987 to 2006
Head of business crime at Burton Copeland 2007 to 2015
Joint head of business crime at JMW 2015 to date.
Mike has significant experience in relation to inquest work and recently acted for three interested parties who were involved in the Hillsborough inquest.
Mike has a robust no nonsense style that has enhanced his reputation and attracted widespread commendation from his clients, peers, the judiciary and agencies he comes up against on a daily basis. He leaves no stone unturned and is fearless and uncompromising in pursuit of justice for his clients.
German and French
Member of law societys money laundering panel
LLB hons Manchester university
Travel, hiking and all sport
Lawyer Rankings(Leading Individuals)
JMW Solicitors LLP’s business crime and regulation team is recognised for its work in relation to alleged financial wrongdoing, investigations and prosecutions instigated by industry regulators, professional misconduct, sexual wrongdoing claims, and the defence of motoring offences. Practice head Peter Grogan has considerable experience in cases of fraud and alleged financial wrongdoing. Ian Lewis specialises in all areas of professional regulatory discipline and fitness. Mike Rainford deals with matters concerning complex fraud, VAT evasion and investigations conducted by the FCA, HMRC and trading atandards. Sam Healey is another name to note, handling financial crime matters.
- Crime: general crime and fraud - North West > Crime, fraud and licensing
- Leading Individuals - North West > Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: general crime and fraud
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: general crime and fraud
- Private client > Family
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Manchester
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Employment > Employment
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Real estate > Commercial property: Manchester
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Manchester
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Real estate > Construction