Mike Rainford > JMW Solicitors LLP > Manchester, England > Lawyer Profile
JMW Solicitors LLP Offices
1 BYROM PLACE
- Go to...
Partner specialising in financial crime and regulatory matters for over 35 years. He has dealt successfully with a number of high profile cases.
His expertise are wide ranging and include cases involving:
- Company fraud
- Carousel fraud
- Boiler room fraud
- Investment share dealing
- Taxation fraud.
Mike’s Regulatory experience also encompasses many areas including Trading Standards, environmental, health and safety, tax investigation, business innovation and skills investigations, insolvency service investigations, FCA investigations re banks, accountants and IFAs, cyber crime including theft of intellectual property and hacking.
Chambers and Partners 2016 say Mike “regularly acts in major investigations led by leading enforcement agencies including the BIS, CBI and FCA. He specialises in a number of areas including tax fraud, commercial fraud and POCA related work.
Qualified in 1981
Head of business crime at Betesh fox 1987 to 2006
Head of business crime at Burton Copeland 2007 to 2015
Joint head of business crime at JMW 2015 to date.
Mike has significant experience in relation to inquest work and recently acted for three interested parties who were involved in the Hillsborough inquest.
Mike has a robust no nonsense style that has enhanced his reputation and attracted widespread commendation from his clients, peers, the judiciary and agencies he comes up against on a daily basis. He leaves no stone unturned and is fearless and uncompromising in pursuit of justice for his clients.
German and French
Member of law societys money laundering panel
LLB hons Manchester university
Travel, hiking and all sport
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
The ‘dynamic, friendly and committed‘ team at JMW Solicitors LLP ‘does the job properly‘ and is active across a full range of cases involving financial crime and fraud such as HMRC tax investigations, FCA-regulated matters and POCA cases. The team represents businesses and business owners on investigations and prosecutions by industry regulators. Team head Peter Grogan is ‘exceptional‘; Evan Wright particularly stands out for his experience in HMRC matters and is often engaged on cross-border cases; and Mike Rainford is noted for his experience in tax fraud investigations.
The business crime and regulatory team at JMW Solicitors LLP represents individual and corporate clients on complex and reputation threatening investigations and proceedings, with experience in a range of matters involving allegations of professional misconduct, serious or sexual offences, dishonesty, domestic violence, motoring offences and regulatory issues. Team head Peter Grogan ‘gets great results‘ and Mike Rainford has a ‘fantastic reputation‘. Elsewhere, Evan Wright is experienced in HMRC cases, Ian Lewis specislises in police law and Hojol Uddin is head of motoring.
- Crime: fraud - North West > Crime, fraud and licensing
- Crime: general - North West > Crime, fraud and licensing
- Leading individuals - North West > Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: fraud
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Insurance > Clinical negligence: claimant
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: fraud
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: general
- Private client > Family
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Insurance > Personal injury: claimant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Manchester
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Human resources > Employment
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Real estate > Commercial property: Manchester
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Manchester
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery