Sam Healey > JMW Solicitors LLP > Manchester, England > Lawyer Profile
JMW Solicitors LLP Offices
1 BYROM PLACE
- Go to...
Business Crime, Regulation & Serious Driving Offences
Sam Healey is a partner in the Business Crime and Regulation team and has substantial knowledge and experience in handling complex and serious cases. He works nationally with many of his cases having an international element. His experience and expertise is vast, having particular emphasis in handling matters relating to:
- Fraud and Financial Crime;
- Corporate Governance (Bribery and Corruption);
- Trading Standards;
- Organised and Serious Crime
- Serious Motoring Offences (where death or significant injury is caused);
- Regulatory offences;
- Criminal Restraint and Confiscation;
- Tax Investigations & Prosecutions
Sam is regularly instructed to represent corporates, individuals and professionals. He is someone clients always want by their side given his robust and pragmatic approach in representing and protecting their position. He identifies immediately the salient issues, is able to navigate his way around complex legal and factual issues in a case and has a meticulous eye for detail.
Corporate Governance, Fraud and Financial Crime
R v SW – Conspiracy to give corrupt payments, alleged international bribery and corruption to secure contracts worth in total in excess of £1billion. Proceedings in London, case on-going.
R v BB – Conspiracy to defraud, finance fraud, ten defendants, conservative loss estimated at £250 million. Acquitted. Southwark Crown Court, London.
R v CM – Conspiracy to defraud, representing the Registered Manager in proceedings brought against a care home, alongside eight other defendants. Three decades of alleged financial abuse resulting in a financial benefit in excess of £30 million. Reported as the longest trial in the Court’s history. Acquitted. Liverpool Crown Court.
R v LS – Company Director. Alleged offences of conspiracy to defraud and consumer protection from unfair trading regulations – misleading and aggressive commercial practice. Financial benefit in excess of £1.5 million. Leeds Crown Court.
R v JM – Alleged offences of money lending without a licence (Financial Services and Markets Act) and money laundering. Unlicensed money lending over 8 years resulting in a financial benefit of in excess of £1 million. Preston Crown Court.
R v SM – Represented Company owner, alleged offences of unauthorised use of Registered Trade mark and Money Laundering offences. Relates to selling of items online, imported from abroad. Confiscation proceedings and subsequent application for an order confirming an inadequacy in the available amount. Preston Crown Court
Serious Motoring Offences
R v ML – Allegation of causing death by careless driving. Client insisted that we represented her over the proposed insurance panel Solicitor. Acquitted. Burnley Crown Court.
R v WD – Allegation of causing death by careless driving whilst under the influence. Case resolved with no immediate custodial sentence.
- North West Fraud Forum
- Health & Safety Lawyers’ Association (HSLA)
- Private Prosecutors’ Association
- Fraud Lawyers Association
UCLAN – BA (Hons) Law and Business, MMU – LLM
Football, Squash, Gym, Skiing, Golf, Travel
Lawyer Rankings(Next Generation Partners)
JMW Solicitors LLP’s business crime and regulation team is recognised for its work in relation to alleged financial wrongdoing, investigations and prosecutions instigated by industry regulators, professional misconduct, sexual wrongdoing claims, and the defence of motoring offences. Practice head Peter Grogan has considerable experience in cases of fraud and alleged financial wrongdoing. Ian Lewis specialises in all areas of professional regulatory discipline and fitness. Mike Rainford deals with matters concerning complex fraud, VAT evasion and investigations conducted by the FCA, HMRC and trading atandards. Sam Healey is another name to note, handling financial crime matters.
- Crime: general crime and fraud - North West > Crime, fraud and licensing
- Next Generation Partners - North West > Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: general crime and fraud
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: general crime and fraud
- Private client > Family
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Manchester
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Employment > Employment
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Real estate > Commercial property: Manchester
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Manchester
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Real estate > Construction