Mr Iordan Tchompalov > Stoeva, Tchompalov & Znepolski > Sofia, Bulgaria > Lawyer Profile
Stoeva, Tchompalov & Znepolski Offices
111 EVLOGI & HRISTO GEORGIEVI BLVD
- Go to...
Mr Iordan Tchompalov
Before co-founding Stoeva Tchompalov & Znepolski in November 2017, Iordan was a partner at DTT (Dimitrov Tchompalov & Todorova) for 15 years. His securities law practice started in 1996 as a lawyer at the Bulgarian Securities Commission, made a head of the regulations drafting department and finally served as commissioner before joining in late 2000 as a consultant the USAID Capital Markets Regulation Project, aimed to support the development of the Bulgarian securities market.
Iordan has gained extensive experience in public and private offerings and listings, licensing of investment firms and asset managers, conduct of business, market abuse/disclosure of price sensitive information; securities transactions and settlement issues; capital adequacy, investment funds, bank loans, M&A transactions; Iordan is advising also on GDPR, AMLD and other regulatory matters, as well as on competition and corporate issues. During the first half of 2019 Iordan co-led the STZ team advising Eurohold in its EUR 335 million acquisition of CEZ’s Bulgarian assets.
Iordan’s market firsts, prior to co-founding Stoeva Tchompalov & Znepolski, include, among others:
• the €65 million 4.5% secured exchangeable bonds issued by a wholly owned Dutch subsidiary of a Bulgarian corporate, being the first exchangeable bonds transaction in Bulgaria;
• the IPO of TechnomarketDomo N.V., the Netherlands, a leading consumer electronics wholesale and retail group in Bulgaria and Romania, being the first dual listing and cross-border settlement project in Bulgaria;
• the first Bulgarian IPO, comprising a global offer to international investors: the Bulgarian American Enterprise Fund’s sale of 30% of the Bulgarian American Credit Bank;
• the first Bulgarian project of sponsored GDR listed at the London Stock Exchange: ordinary shares of the leading fuel distributor in Bulgaria Petrol AD combined with a right issue.
Additional highlights from Iordan’s transactional experience include:
• EUR 400 million senior secured notes issued by Bulgarian Telecomunications Company EAD;
• USD 125 million loan participation notes issued by a Dutch SPV for the purpose to on-lend the proceeds to a Bulgarian bank.
• EUR 22 million convertible loan with PIK interest executed by a Swiss company (as a borrower);
• dual listing of one of the Bulgarian leading pharmaceutical firms Sopharma AD in Warsaw.
• the Pass-Through Notes issued by an Irish entity linked to bonds exchangeable for the shares of a Bulgarian corporate.
• the 9% 90,000,000 mandatory convertible preferred non-voting shares of a Bulgarian holding company;
• the First Investment Bank’s €90 million IPO and listing on the Bulgarian Stock Exchange, the first Bulgarian combined offering of new and existing shares;
• the Petrol AD €100,000,000 8.375 per cent. 5 years Eurobond.
Iordan co-led the STZ team assisting Morrison & Foerster in London as a local counsel, advising on Bulgarian law matters Eurohold in its EUR 335 million acquisition of CEZ’s Bulgarian assets.
At STZ Iordan has expanded the scope of his advice with agency and distributorship (including antitrust aspects such as vertical agreements restrictions and dominance).
Bulgarian, English, general understanding of Russian.
Admitted to Sofia Bar and to practice in Bulgaria (2001).
LL.M from University of Sofia, Faculty of Law (1991).
One-year financial management postgraduate course at the University for National and World Economy, Sofia (1994).
Six months finance and investments program at the University of Wisconsin, USA (1999).
Stoeva, Tchompalov & Znepolski‘s corporate and commercial practice is led by Iordan Tchompalov and Irina Stoeva, who both have long-standing experience advising clients in this field. Notably, the firm acted as local counsel alongside Morrison & Foerster LLP, London, and provided the Bulgarian advice to Eurohold on its €335 million acquisition of CEZ’s Bulgarian assets.
Banking, finance and capital markets is a core area of practice at Stoeva, Tchompalov & Znepolski, where Iordan Tchompalov brings many years’ experience of cross-border transactions to the market, and both Irina Stoeva and Peter Znepolski stand out for their insurance expertise. Natalia Yordanova is a key advisor for capital markets, including FSC investigations.
- Hall of Fame - Bulgaria > Banking, finance and capital markets
- Banking, finance and capital markets - Bulgaria
- Commercial, corporate and M&A - Bulgaria