Ms Irina Stoeva > Stoeva, Tchompalov & Znepolski > Sofia, Bulgaria > Lawyer Profile
Stoeva, Tchompalov & Znepolski Offices
111 EVLOGI & HRISTO GEORGIEVI BLVD
- Go to...
Ms Irina Stoeva
Irina co-founded Stoeva Tchompalov & Znepolski in November 2017 after 13 years being a partner at Stoeva, Kuyumdjieva & Vitliemov law firm. Her previous professional experience comprises 4 years of work as a senior lawyer at one of the biggest law firms in Sofia, Bulgaria, and before that 6 years as an in-house lawyer at Bulstrad Insurance Company (currently Bulstrad Vienna Insurance Group).
Irina has over 23 years of experience in insurance and in all forms of dispute resolution; also focused on healthcare & pharmaceutical, data protection, employment, public procurement law, as well as practicing corporate, M&A, commercial and administrative law. In 2019 Irina led the STZ team to assist, as a Bulgarian counsel, Baker & Mackenzie in relation to the transfer of business of a leading international pharmaceutical company to new joint venture with another prominent pharaceutical producer.
In her practice across both advisory and trial, Irina has appeared in all levels of Bulgarian courts and before a multitude of arbitration and regulatory panels, and has represented clients at all stages of litigation. She advises multinational and local insurers, insurance brokers, healthcare companies and other large corporations operating in different sectors, as well as small and medium businesses, and individuals.
Highlights from Irina’s legal work list, that illustrate just a part of her versatile experience, include:
• bringing the first successful case against a maternity hospital in Sofia for the fell through of ten pregnant women within a hospital elevator in March 2010;
• representing a bidder in connection with its participation in a public procurement procedure regarding the construction of a nuclear power plant;
• representing an international pharmaceutical company in public procurement procedures for delivery of vaccines awarded by the Bulgarian Ministry of Health;
• advising an UK pharmaceutical company as a local Bulgarian counsel (Slaughter & May, London being the head legal counsel) with respect to a complex transaction including acquisition of a global vaccines business from and transfer of the UK company’s oncology business to another company and both companies combined their consumer health care business in a new venture;
• representing, through Kane Tuohy Solicitors, Ireland, of a client in relation with cross-border insolvency under the EU laws;
•representing an Italian company in its EUR 3.7 million claim for unpaid remuneration under consortium agreement;
• representing Bulgarian corporate in its successful claim for insurance damages amounting to EUR 590 thousand;
•acting as local counsel to DWF LLP, to a case before an English court concerning insurance damages claims;
• acting for the appellant in a EUR 3 million public procurement successful court appeal against the Bulgarian Ministry of Finance;
• advising Bulgarian insurance companies in several property insurance court proceedings whereas every one of the claims exceeds EUR 400,000;
• successfully advising a client advertising agency in EUR 68’000 commercial dispute against a national TV channel.
Bulgarian, English, basic knowledge of French and Russian.
Admitted to Sofia Bar and to practice in Bulgaria (2000).
LLM from University of Sofia, Law Faculty (1994).
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Stoeva, Tchompalov & Znepolski advises a broad array of healthcare industry participants, from a global pharmaceutical – GlaxoSmithKline – to individual healthcare professionals. Name partner Irina Stoeva has two decades’ experience and a genuine focus in this area, and is ‘an outstanding lawyer with impressive knowledge and experience in healthcare and commercial litigation.’ Strengths of the practice include regulatory advice, litigation and public procurement, but the service offering encompasses all corporate and commercial needs. Of counsel Vania Todorova is a key member of the team.
Stoeva, Tchompalov & Znepolski‘s corporate and commercial practice is led by Iordan Tchompalov and Irina Stoeva, who both have long-standing experience advising clients in this field. Notably, the firm acted as local counsel alongside Morrison & Foerster LLP, London, and provided the Bulgarian advice to Eurohold on its €335 million acquisition of CEZ’s Bulgarian assets.
Banking, finance and capital markets is a core area of practice at Stoeva, Tchompalov & Znepolski, where Iordan Tchompalov brings many years’ experience of cross-border transactions to the market, and both Irina Stoeva and Peter Znepolski stand out for their insurance expertise. Natalia Yordanova is a key advisor for capital markets, including FSC investigations.
|Bulgaria: Pharmaceutical Advertising||November 2021||This country-specific Q&A provides an overview to Pharmaceutical Advertising laws and regulations that may occur in Bulgaria.|
- Leading individuals - Bulgaria > Healthcare and life sciences
- Healthcare and life sciences - Bulgaria
- Banking, finance and capital markets - Bulgaria
- Commercial, corporate and M&A - Bulgaria