Cases&Lacambra > Barcelona, Spain > Firm Profile
AVENIDA PAU CASALS 22
Cases&Lacambra > The Legal 500 Rankings
Spain > Real estate and construction Tier 5
With offices in Andorra, Barcelona, Madrid and Miami, the team at Cases&Lacambra assists venture capital and wealth funds, international investors, hedge funds and family offices in the infrastructure, engineering, hospitality, energy and consumer goods sectors. Headed by real estate investment expert Daniel Tienda in Madrid, and backed by urban planning specialist and managing associate Juan Moncada, the team’s service extends to cover lease agreements, environmental matters, asset portfolio acquisitions, sale and leaseback transactions, real estate M&A, due diligence and compliance.
Other key lawyers:
Spain > Banking and finance Tier 6Cases&Lacambra fields a market and financial services practice group with ‘specialised knowledge of the financial sector‘, assisting with a range of cross-border matters for its clients, which include key client CaixaBank. Managing partner Miguel Cases has extensive experience advising financial entities and both public and private funds, and Toni Barios leads on the full spectrum of financing work. The trio co-lead the team. Ignacio Ramos has left the firm.
Miguel Cases; Toni Barios
Other key lawyers:
‘Good technical knowledge of the cases that arise, as well as solutions provided in cases of potential conflict. Good level in the responses and closing of the topics.’
‘Specialized knowledge of the financial sector and immediacy of the partners who deal directly with the issues.’
‘I’d highlight Araceli Leyva for her specialization in corporate governance and ESG issues. The drive and closeness of its founding partner Miguel Cases.’
‘Availability of both lawyers and partners, knowledge and solutions.’
European Federation of Energy Traders (EFET)
Cordia Iberia Holding
Fiscalter Inversiones 2013
- Assisting the EFET with drafting legal opinions on the validity and enforceability of master netting agreements in Spain.
- Advised CaixaBank on the financing of the management buyout of a communications and event planning agency in Spain.
Spain > Tax Tier 6Cases&Lacambra is specialised in advising family businesses and private clients. Thanks to its ‘international outlook and experience' and ‘knowledge of the different types of taxes and taxation not only in Spain but also internationally', the team is accomplished in cross-border work, assisting with tax audits, structuring and investment planning. Ernesto Lacambra heads the team, supported by Cristina Villanova and David Navarro. Jaume Perelló joined from Cuatrecasas in November 2021.
Other key lawyers:
‘One of the distinguishing features of Cases & Lacambra versus other firms is the degree of specialization shown by both the younger professionals and, of course, the partners. In addition, in a sector like this, it is important that the response time to the questions raised is short and their content, precise. Cases & Lacambra does not fail in this regard and always offers personalized answers, with an in-depth analysis of the question posed.’
‘Their knowledge of the different types of taxes and taxation not only in Spain but also internationally, which allows them to offer complete advice. They always carry out a detailed analysis of the different scenarios to recommend the most interesting option at the tax level. Among all of them I highlight Ernesto Lacambra and Cristina Villanova.’
‘It is an office with extensive knowledge of the different taxes existing in Spain. It has a good mix of experience and youth within its teams and the treatment they give is very personalized.’
‘The Cases & Lacambra team, with whom I have been working for years, stands out for its professionalism (job well done and a very versatile team), its service (quick and complete response) and ease in communicating the strategies they will employ in the different matters.’
‘The plus of Cases & Lacambra is that they have been able to transmit from the founding partners to the rest of the partners and employees who are joining, the same philosophy of service and values in all their teams: speed, communication, professionalized and well-informed advice with the new legal frameworks and jurisprudence.’
‘The team has an international outlook and experience, with excellent language skills. Their culture is a good fit with ours. They are responsive and supportive in a wide range of projects – being patient and imaginative in exploring projects. They have also been helpful in sharing their trusted network, where appropriate, in exploring opportunities.’
‘Flexible and responsive to non-standard/time sensitive requests from foreign investors.’
‘David Navarro demonstrates a strong knowledge of the often arcane Spanish tax code, and is good at explaining complicated concepts in a manner understandable by a non-tax professional.’
Lear European Holding
Drake Food and Services International
Fiscalter Inversiones 2013
Grupo Dani Garcia
Zetland Capital Partners
Arcano Wealth Advisors EAFI
- Advising Ernesto Ventós on a tax audit initiated by the French tax authorities aimed at reviewing if the Spanish company has a permanent establishment in France for VAT and corporate tax purposes.
- Assisting Lear European Holding with a tax audit proceeding.
- Providing ongoing tax advice to Drake Food and Services International.
Spain > Commercial, corporate and M&A
Cases&Lacambra > Firm Profile
Cases & Lacambra is a client focused international law firm, with a deep commitment to offering the best comprehensive advice in business law. The firm, with a presence in Europe and America, has a highly tested track record in complex transactions involving the financial sector, special situations, financial markets regulations, cross-border disputes and transactions with a relevant tax sensibility.
Our advice focuses on providing bespoke solutions to our clients, who include financial institutions, investment service companies, investment funds, family offices, business conglomerates and high-net-worth individuals.
Cases & Lacambra’s teams are high-profile, committed to excellence and cross-border oriented.
Cases & Lacambra was founded with the ambition to be the first Spanish and Andorran law firm to provide legal tailor made services designed to fulfill private client and financial institutions needs. We are the forerunners of the high-end law firms who are based on truly specialization, the expertise of the teams, innovative and flexible organization, efficient services, cutting edge technology, confidence and loyalty to clients.
Therefore in transactional operations, as in recurrent advice or punctual queries, the firm is committed to the highest standard of client care that can be expected. We provide advice to our clients understanding their commercial threats, opportunities and goals. Our aim is to provide a long lasting client relationship with a very careful client selection among their different business areas.
Our team of lawyers have extensive experience in their fields of expertise and has been carefully selected from the most reputed international law schools. Our structure and approach is intended to attract the most talented and entrepreneurial lawyers which enables us to achieve excellent results for our clients in complex and critical matters.
|Co-Managing Partner. Head of Banking&Finance group||Miguel Casesemail@example.com|
|Co-Managing Partner. Head of Tax Group||Ernesto Lacambrafirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mr Marc Ambrós||Partner.||View Profile|
|Mr Toni Barios||Partner.||View Profile|
|Mr Miguel Cases||Co-managing partner||View Profile|
|Mr Jorge Del Castillo||Partner.||View Profile|
|Mr Pablo Echenique||Partner.||View Profile|
|Mr Ernesto Lacambra||Co-managing partner||View Profile|
|Ms Araceli Leyva||Of Ocunsel.||View Profile|
|Mr Jose Manuel López Alperi||Partner||View Profile|
|Mr David Navarro||Partner.||View Profile|
|Mr Lucas Palomar||Partner.||View Profile|
|Mr Jaume Perelló||Jaume Perelló is a partner at Cases & Lacambra. His practice is…||View Profile|
|Mr Jose Piñeiro||Partner.||View Profile|
|Mr Bojan Radovanovic||Partner.||View Profile|
|Ms Elena Redondo||Partner.||View Profile|
|Mr Daniel Tienda||Partner||View Profile|
|Mr Fabio Virzi||Partner.||View Profile|
LanguagesSpanish Catalan English French Portuguese
MembershipsIBA (International Bar Association) ICC Fraudnet
Cases&Lacambra is a Client focused international law firm, with a deep commitment to offer the best comprehensive advice in business law. Our lawyers have international exposure and are present in major international legal venues such as the IBA/IFA forums.
Additionally, during 2018 the Andorran office became a member of the asset recovery network ICC Fraudnet and has helped the Andorran Chamber of Commerce to develop the Andorran Arbitration Tribunal.
We believe our Firm and its lawyers have unparalleled experience in their fields of practice in comparison with their local competitors that do not have presence in the EU or the U.S.
- Eastern Europe and Turkish Desk: The Eastern European, Russian and Turkish Desk, maintains a close link, in matters related to Real Estate foreign investment, with the main locations and markets which are investing in Spain in the Real Estate sector from EEC region. In this sense, Mr. Tienda has a large expertise practicing in the region for more than 10 years, always in relation with Foreign investment and Real Estate towards Spain and from Spain to EEC. The members of the Desk have a wide professional cross-border experience in this sector, working closely and in collaboration with the most relevant local firms of undisputed prestige in this field.
- Financial Centers Desk: The Financial Centers Desk, maintains a close link, in matters regarding banking and finance law, with the main locations that are currently leading this sector in the world like London, New York, Hong Kong, Singapore or Frankfurt, among others. In this sense, Cases & Lacambra, through this Desk, assesses any Clients that have interests in any of those jurisdictions and which may be also linked to Spain or Andorra. The members of this Desk have a wide professional cross-border experience in this sector, practising regularly in most of the main world financial centers, as well as maintaining a close collaboration with the most relevant local firms of undisputed prestige in this field.
- Latin America Desk: From our Miami office, our firm coordinates and advises Spanish interests in Latin America and, at the same time, channels the legal and tax advice of relevant Latin American companies, family offices and financial players towards Spain and Andorra. Our lawyers assist our Clients, Spanish and foreigners, establishing Spain as an investment hub towards Latin America. Cases & Lacambra regularly works with some of the main law firms in different jurisdictions, which allows a full advice, taking in consideration the particularity of each jurisdiction and the specific area of law, identifying the best and most suitable professionals for each situation.
- Middle East Desk: Cases & Lacambra is a reference advising investment transactions between Spain and the Middle East. The inbound and outbound investment opportunities between Spain and Middle East are growing rapidly. In this sense, an increasing number of companies from Middle East have increased their interests in the Spanish market, likewise, the Spanish interests towards the Middle East region is significantly increasing. Cases & Lacambra launched the Middle East Desk to support the business interests between the regions and provides a tailor-made legal advice to the cross-border transactions. Our professionals of the Middle East Desk have an extended expertise in the region as they have practised, during several years, in many jurisdictions that integrate this Desk. They have advised in large number of transactions which have allowed them to acquire the necessary skills to understand and learn the local know-how. On-going legal advice to Jordan high-net worth individuals. Speaker at seminars of doing business in the Middle East (i.e. UAE).
Spain: Mergers & Acquisitions
Published: April 2022
Authors: Lucas Palomar Bojan Radovanovic José Manuel Llanos Alperi Pablo Echenique
This country-specific Q&A provides an overview to Mergers & Acquisitions laws and regulations that may occur in Spain.
Spain: Tax Disputes
Published: October 2022
Authors: Ernesto Lacambra Alberto Gil
This country-specific Q&A provides an overview to Tax Disputes laws and regulations that may occur in Spain.