Mr Vassilis Psyrras > Elias Neocleous & Co LLC > Limassol, Cyprus > Lawyer Profile
Elias Neocleous & Co LLC Offices
NEOCLEOUS HOUSE, 195 MAKARIOS III AVENUE, 1-5TH
- Go to...
Mr Vassilis Psyrras
Admiralty and Shipping
Vassilis Psyrras has extensive experience in admiralty claims, ship and project finance, debt restructuring, yacht leasing, shipping operations and corporate and commercial matters. Prior to beginning his legal career, Vassilis worked in various commercial roles for Piraeus-based shipping companies that included seagoing experience as a cadet officer, giving him first-hand knowledge of how shipping companies and ships operate and of their commercial and operational requirements. He has also been in-house counsel in the legal department of a global ship operator based in Hamburg, Germany.
Vassilis’s experience is as follows:
- Cyprus based lender: Conducting arbitration proceedings in relation to the exercise of mortgagee’s rights under a Cyprus law mortgage
- Athens based marine fuel trader and supplier: Advising on a multi-million euro debt recovery
- Cyprus shipowner: court representation in a multi-million euro salvage claim
- Global container and logistics conglomerate: acting as local counsel of its Cyprus arm
- Shipping finance bank: advising a leading German bank on the restructuring of a large Cyprus-based ship owner and operator
- Major yacht insurer: defending admiralty proceedings for damages between yachts while ashore
- London based marine fuel supplier: arrest proceedings for debt recovery
- London based syndicate of underwriters: conducting court proceedings and negotiating the settlement of a cargo claim
- Swiss-based shipowner: acting as local counsel for Cyprus-flagged vessels
- Limassol port: advising one of the bidders on the tender for the privatisation of Limassol port
- Advising leading banks and financial institutions on ship finance, debt restructuring and securitisation (including drafting of finance and security documents)
- Consulting local and international clients on legal aspects of shipping, ship finance and admiralty
- Cyprus Yacht Leasing Scheme: advising high net worth private clients on the application of the VAT-saving scheme and establishing compliant structures.
- Representing foreign and domestic clients in admiralty proceedings.
- Admitted to the Cyprus Bar in 2010
- Admitted as a solicitor in England and Wales in 2013
- BSc Maritime Studies University of Piraeus, Greece, 2003
- Graduate Diploma in Law, The College of Law, Bloomsbury, UK, 2007
- Legal Practice Course, The College of Law, Moorgate, UK, 2009
- LLB, The College of Law, Moorgate, UK, 2009