Mr Andreas Christofides > Elias Neocleous & Co LLC > Limassol, Cyprus > Lawyer Profile
Elias Neocleous & Co LLC Offices
NEOCLEOUS HOUSE, 195 MAKARIOS III AVENUE, 1-5TH
- Go to...
Mr Andreas Christofides
- Admiralty and Shipping
- Corporate and Commercial
- Litigation and Dispute Resolution
Andreas deals with a broad spectrum of contentious and non-contentious matters. He focuses on corporate and general litigation, arbitration, commercial and corporate law, admiralty and shipping.
Andrea’s further experience is as follows:
- Assisted insurance and ship-owing companies in Admiralty Court proceedings in relation to cargo damage claims.
- Represented a minority shareholder in a shareholders’ dispute.
- Represents a high-net-worth individual in court in interim order application proceedings requesting the issuance of Norwich Pharmacal disclosure and freezing orders.
- Proceedings for arrest of vessels in Cyprus.
- Due diligence on a major Cyprus bank.
- Advised Cyprus based and international companies on of commercial agreements.
- Acted as counsel for several companies in breach of commercial relationship-related claims.
Admitted to the Cyprus Bar in 2014
- Graduated in law from the University of Sheffield, UK in 2012
- LLM (Merit), King’s College, University of London, UK, 2013
Lawyer Rankings(Rising stars)
The admiralty and shipping department at Elias Neocleous & Co LLC is led by Costas Stamatiou. The skilled team advises banks, owners, managers, charterers and cargo owners (as well as their respective insurers) on all contentious and non-contentious shipping matters. In addition, it frequently advises on shipbuilding contracts and other issues such as choice of flag and registration. The practice is also adept at handling shipping litigation and admiralty proceedings. It regularly advises on proceedings for the arrest of ships or cargo to secure unpaid debt. Also notable is that the group has a long history of successful cooperation with leading international law firms. Andreas Christofides is a name to note.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Banking and finance
- Commercial, corporate and M&A
- Dispute resolution
- EU and competition
- Intellectual property
- Maritime and admiralty
- Real estate and construction