Mr Nicolas Tsardellis > Elias Neocleous & Co LLC > Limassol, Cyprus > Lawyer Profile
Elias Neocleous & Co LLC Offices
NEOCLEOUS HOUSE, 195 MAKARIOS III AVENUE, 1-5TH
- Go to...
Mr Nicolas Tsardellis
Litigation and Dispute Resolution
Nicolas heads the Nicosia litigation and dispute resolution department. He has extensive experience in commercial litigation including complex cross-border disputes, shareholder disputes, and contractual disputes involving wealthy individuals, international trusts, international funds and corporations. Nicolas has also successfully handled the negotiations in respect of some notable commercial and property transactions. Nicolas is also highly experienced in the most serious criminal cases, particularly white collar crimes.
Nichola’s further experience is as follows:
- Advising high net-worth individuals and corporations and representing them in court in multi-million commercial disputes, including complex shareholder disputes.
- Advising participants in some of the most prestigious projects undertaken in Cyprus, including the agreement for the establishment of the Head of State, VIP and Executive Airport Terminal in Larnaca.
- Acting for applicants and respondents in interlocutory applications for injunctive relief including Mareva injunctions, pre-trial discovery and asset tracing.
- Handling interim procedures involving the creditors and the owner of a collapsed Russian bank, resulting in the withdrawal of a half-billion euro claim.
- Advising and representing a Cyprus holding company in a dispute arising from the sale of a ruby mine in Madagascar.
- Dealing with recognition and enforcement of foreign judgments and awards.
- Litigating numerous criminal cases, with extensive experience in white collar crimes.
- Highly involved in cases involving human rights law violations
- Admitted to the Cyprus Bar in 2004
- Member of the International Law Association since 2016
- Member of the Cyprus Licensing Review Authority since 2018
- Member of the Cyprus Football Association Disciplinary Committee from 2013 to 2015
- Member of the Board of the Cyprus Bar Association since 2017
- Certified tutor of the Human Rights Education for Legal Professionals (HELP) of the Council of Europe since 2018
Graduated in law from Newcastle University, UK
Elias Neocleous & Co LLC has a strong litigation and dispute resolution department, which handles a high volume of complex cases. It is skilled at advising on significant disputes in the banking and finance sector, in addition to insolvency and competition matters. The group is also recommended for its work on asset tracing cases. Elsewhere, the group works with the corporate and M&A department to review pending litigation and disputes arising from large cross-border transactions. Beyond undertaking litigation, the practice is also increasingly involved in international arbitration proceedings. Among the names to note are Chrysanthos Christoforou, Costas Stamatiou and Nicolas Tsardellis. George Tsardellis is also recommended.