Ms Zainab Aziz > Meysan Partners > Kuwait City, Kuwait > Lawyer Profile
Meysan Partners Offices
JABER AL-MUBARACK ST
- Go to...
Ms Zainab Aziz
Zainab is a partner in the Abu Dhabi offices of Meysan Partners, where she specializes in advising clients on a wide range of corporate and commercial matters. Zainab has over a decade of experience in advising clients in the Middle East and Pakistan on public and private M&A, joint ventures, and private equity transactions.
Zainab advises government entities, investment funds, multinational corporations, high net worth individuals and family-owned businesses on the merger, acquisition, disposal and restructuring of assets, which includes some of the largest mergers in the region by value. Her areas of expertise include defense, financial services, education, healthcare, sustainability and food security, and hospitality sectors. She has also advised start-ups on a wide range of matters, including structuring, ESOPs, SAFE notes and later stage funding.
Zainab also regularly advises clients on banking and finance matters, including Islamic finance matters.
- Advised a UAE based sovereign investment fund in respect of a USD 125 billion merger between the fund and another sovereign investment fund.
- Seconded to Hilal Bank PJSC in respect of corporate and commercial matters.
- Advised a UAE-based B2B seafood delivery start-up in respect of all the documentation required to undertake the business, as well as in respect of SAFE financing rounds.
- Advised a client in respect of a sale of a school in Abu Dhabi with a sale value of AED 180 million.
- Advised a UAE-based construction company in the oil and gas company in respect of a potential IPO.
- Advised a Saudi PIF company in respect of a USD 200 million joint venture with a US-based automotive manufacturer in respect of a establishing a manufacturing facility to manufacture military and commercial vehicles in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- Advised a UAE-based development bank in respect of structuring a credit guarantee scheme to support innovation in the UAE.
- Advised an Omani investment fund in respect of its acquisition of a stake in a Singaporean private equity fund.
- Advised in respect of the amalgamation and reconstruction of two of Pakistan’s largest networks of cash and carry outlets, each owned by major European multinationals, and having cumulative value of USD 120 million. The reconstruction resulted in a “Property Co /Operations Co” split of the combined, the transaction being the first of its kind in Pakistan.
- Advised an American insurance company in respect of an acquisition of minority stake and subsequent divestment of its majority stake of a listed insurance company in Pakistan.
New York State Bar
New York University B.A., cum laude. Politics
New York Law School J.D., cum laude