Dr Eman Riad > Riad & Riad > Cairo, Egypt > Lawyer Profile
Riad & Riad Offices
25 ABDEL-MONEEM RIAD ST
- Go to...
Dr Eman Riad
Corporate, Labor & Employment Law
Eman is a founding partner and head of the Corporate, Labour and Employment Department at Riad & Riad Law Firm. She is also a labor and employment law professor at the School of Law – Cairo University. Eman is a regular speaker at labor and employment law seminars and events in Egypt.
Eman has more than 17 years experience in advising clients on wide range of commercial, contracts and corporate law matters. During her work experience, she has handled the day to day legal work for multiple multi-national and local companies in Egypt.
English & Arabic
Teaching Staff at Cairo Univeristy – School of Law.
Member in the British Egyptian Business Association.
Member in the Egyptian Businessmen’s Association.
Member in the Turkish & Egyptian Businessmen Association.
- PhD, Cairo University – School of Law, Egypt – 2016 (“The Consequences of Corporate Changes on Labor & Employment Relationships. Transfer of Undertakings, Protection of Employees in USA, EU, UK and Egypt”)
- Visiting Scholar, Georgetown University, Georgetown Law Centre, USA – 2010
- Law & Government Masters of Law, American University, Washington College of Law, USA – 2008
- International Commerce and Investment Diploma, Cairo University, Egypt – 2006
- Private Law Diploma, Cairo University, Egypt – 2005
- LLB, Cairo Univeristy – School of Law , Egypt – 2004
- Labor Law Treatise, 2017, Dar Al-Thaqafa Publishing House (350 pages)
- Transfer of Undertakings and Its Consequences on Employees (Comparison of UK TUPE, USA Law and Egypt Law), 2016, Dar Al-Nahda Al-Arabyia Publishing House (400 pages)
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
‘The team is very responsive and knowledgeable‘, say clients of Riad & Riad. The firm has one of the most sought after employment and social insurance practices in Egypt, handling employee screening, HR compliance, terminations, restrictive covenants, discrimination and litigation, as well as employment due diligence for large M&A transactions. Eman Riad, who has ‘in-depth and practical knowledge of Egyptian labour law and is a pleasure to work with‘, and the ‘practical and commercial‘ Fatma Salah lead the practice. They act for a diverse group of multinational companies, among them British Airways and G4S.
Riad & Riad climbs the ranking having been involved in high-value projects, among them a $1.2bn EPC contract with National Authority for Tunnels on behalf of a consortium including China Railway Group and Aviation Industry Corporation of China. Frequently working alongside international counsel, the firm assists developers, sponsors and financial institutions with permitting issues, finance, project documents, corporate structures and a host of other matters. Lead partners Fatma Salah, Eman Riad and Mohamed Riad bring to bear extensive experience in finance, public procurement, construction, regulatory and corporate matters.
Riad & Riad climbs the ranking this year having handled an increasingly diverse range of disputes. Its 12-lawyer team has been involved in matters before the Supreme Constitutional Court, the Court of Cassation and the State Council courts, as well as numerous cross-border matters in sectors including engineering, retail, construction and medical devices. The ‘highly experienced‘ Fatma Salah, the ‘excellent and very clear‘ Eman Riad and versatile litigation partner Mohamed Riad lead the practice, which is ‘highly capable and very professional‘.
Riad & Riad has a dispute resolution group that, although focused more on litigation, is able to handle high-value arbitration cases in major international and domestic fora. Fatma Salah, Eman Riad and Mohamed Riad, whose work includes collective labour disputes and arbitration matters, are the key practitioners. Salah recently represented a Korean company in a CRCICA matter. Senior associate Omayma Ragab is increasingly involved in the firm’s major arbitration cases.
Riad & Riad ‘provides credible concise advice‘, according to one client. Another notes the firm’s ‘proactive approach in trying to find solutions to solve the client’s problems in the most efficient and expedient manner‘. The firm climbs the rankings due to its increasingly high-profile work in M&A transactions and joint ventures, and its advice on regulatory and corporate governance matters. Fatma Salah, Eman Riad and Mohamed Riad are the lead partners and they are supported by a large team of strong associates including Heba Al Abd and Lina Aboulhassan.
- Employment - Egypt
- Leading individuals - Egypt > Employment
- Commercial, corporate and M&A - Egypt
- Dispute resolution: litigation - Egypt
- Projects and infrastructure - Egypt
- Dispute resolution: arbitration - Egypt