Vilius Bernatonis > TGS Baltic > Vilnius, Lithuania > Lawyer Profile
TGS Baltic Offices
QUADRUM BUSINESS CITY
EAST BUILDING 8TH FLOOR
KONSTITUCIJOS AVE. 21A, 08130 VILNIUS
- Go to...
Banking & Finance / Project Finance / Arbitration, Mediation & ADR / Energy / Public Sector & Constitutional Law / European Union Law
Managing Partner, Co-Head of Energy Industry Group
- Since 2009 Partner and Head of the Banking and Finance practice group at law firm TGS Baltic (former Sutkiene, Pilkauskas & Partners)
- 2008–2009 member of the Board of the national electricity company LEO LT, AB
- Since 2006 Partner at law firm Sutkiene, Pilkauskas & Partners (now TGS Baltic)
- 2003–2008 Head of the Banking and Finance practice group at law firm Sutkiene, Pilkauskas & Partners (now TGS Baltic)
- 1999–2003 lawyer for the state enterprise State Property Fund
Lithuanian, English, Russian
- Fellow of The Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, Head of the Baltic States Chapter of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- Correspondent of The International Arbitration Institute
- Member of the Lithuanian Bar Association
- Member of the International Bar Association
- 2012–2013 Diploma in International Arbitration from The Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- 2000–2012 Attended a variety of courses and seminars on contract law and international commercial arbitration matters
- 2000 Vilnius University, Faculty of Law (Master of Law)
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
TGS Baltic‘s recent deal flow is particularly impressive, advising on three eurobonds issues with a combined value of €2.8bn. The team has also been very active in financing property developments and infrastructure projects. Žygimantas Stankevičius jointly leads the practice and brings a unique perspective to this space having formerly worked in house at Luminor Bank. Vidmantas Drizga also oversees the team and has a particularly strong track record in capital markets mandates. Other key names include managing partner Vilius Bernatonis, who is highly skilled in project finance, and Mantas Gofmanas, who specialises in capital markets.
TGS Baltic is a prominent name in the energy sector, counting Lithuania’s Ministry of Energy as a key client. Managing partner Vilius Bernatonis is the key name of note in energy and infrastructure cases involving issues of contractual breaches and indemnity. Practice head Marius Brasiūnas also has an interest in the energy sector as well as being involved in commercial disputes and those in the transport sectors, advising on shareholder disputes and compensation claims. Commercial litigation is also handled by Vidmantas Drizga. The team also has strong capabilities in areas including real estate and construction, where Dainius Stasiulis is a key name, and bankruptcy disputes, a core area of focus for Žydrūnė Stuglytė. Competition specialist Lina Darulienė is also highly regarded.
TGS Baltic predominantly focuses on energy and environmental law and was most recently instructed by the Lithuanian government on the threats posed by a new nuclear power plant in Belarus. The team has also been advising the European Investment Bank and others on heating infrastructure investments and transfers in Lithuania. Managing partner Vilius Bernatonis and Paulius Zapolskis lead the team and both have broad expertise in contentious and non-contentious energy law matters.
TGS Baltic‘s shipping and transport practice comprises an integrated team of specialists operating in areas such as corporate, commercial, projects, finance, competition, employment and tax. Dispute resolution is another cornerstone of the work undertaken by the firm, which generates mandates from clients such as international shipping companies, insurance companies and financial institutions. Gytis Kaminskas, who jointly leads the practice with Žydrūnė Stuglytė, is highly skilled in cross-border disputes and is active in international arbitration. Managing partner Vilius Bernatonis is another key individual.
- Banking, finance and capital markets - Lithuania
- Leading individuals - Lithuania > Banking, finance and capital markets
- Leading individuals - Lithuania > Projects and energy
- Projects and energy - Lithuania
- Dispute resolution - Lithuania
- Shipping and transport - Lithuania
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Banking, finance and capital markets
- Commercial, corporate and M&A
- EU and competition
- Projects and energy
- Real estate and construction