TGS Baltic > Vilnius, Lithuania > Firm Profile
TGS Baltic Offices
QUADRUM BUSINESS CITY
EAST BUILDING 8TH FLOOR
KONSTITUCIJOS AVE. 21A, 08130 VILNIUS
- Go to...
- Firm Profile
- Main Contacts
- Lawyer Profiles
- Notable Cases
- Client Testimonials
- Legal Briefings
TGS Baltic > The Legal 500 RankingsTGS Baltic handles major bond issuances, including sustainability bonds, in addition to development financing and asset management, among other areas. Head of practice Vidmantas Drizga is highly experienced in capital markets work, while co-head Žygimantas Stankevičius handles matters for the firm’s well-known banking-sector clients. Managing partner Vilius Bernatonis, a project financing specialist, and investment disputes expert Agnius Pilipavičius are also key practitioners. A further name to note is senior associate Karolina Lapinskaitė, a ‘skilled and dynamic lawyer’ who previously worked in-house at a major regional bank. Mantas Gofmanas left the firm for an in-house role.
Žygimantas Stankevičius; Vidmantas Drizga
Other key lawyers:
Karolina Lapinskaite; Agnius Pilipavicius; Vilius Bernatonis
‘The team is very professional and easy in communication, the response to our Company’s requests is prompt.’
‘High professional skills, strong knowledge of the subjects, concrete and deep answers, advice and recommendations.’
‘TGS Baltic team is the leading law firm in the investment services and capital markets in Lithuania. If we have any matter concerning investment services and/or capital markets –TGS Baltic is a firm to go to. TGS Baltic team is able to manage and solve all issues with high proficiency.’
‘They are very efficient and offer practical and business-oriented advice in an understandable manner. We very much appreciate not only the legal advice but the understanding of the business principle, the company’s psychology, and the business-oriented approach.’
‘Agnius Pilipavicius is very experienced in this area and his advice helps us to find outstanding solutions for most issues we are facing in our daily activities and our strategic projects. Agnius Pilipavicius is very clear in his approach, pragmatic, and able to advise on various areas.’
‘Karolina Lapinskaite is a well-established professional in this area. Karolina Lapinskaite is a very skilled and dynamic lawyer. She has a wide-ranging practice assisting clients with investment services, asset management, and capital markets projects. She is excellent at cutting through legal advice and getting to the commercial side of things.’
‘Strong team members with strong collaboration skills. Exceptional client oriented and problem solving skills.’
‘Vidmantas Drizga – Exceptional client oriented and problem solving skills.’
Ministry of Finance of the Republic of Lithuania
UAB Valstybės investicinis kapitalas
Akropolis Group, UAB
AB Šiaulių bankas
Maxima Grupė, UAB
Mr. Konstantinas Karosas, Western Petroleum Limited
PKO Bank Polski
ING Poland (ING Bank Śląski)
BNP Paribas Bank Polska
Orion Asset Management
RAIFFEISEN BANK INTERNATIONAL AG
I Asset Management
UAB INVL Asset Management
- Represented European Investment Bank (EIB) in signing an operational agreement with Šiaulių bankas for the establishment and management of a €275m renovation fund.
- Advised EPSO-G on the issuing of sustainability bonds.
- Advised AB Šiaulių bankas in approving a €250m Euro Medium Term Note Programme.
Agnius Pilipavičius; Marius Matonis; Vidmantas Drizga; Aurimas Pauliukevičius; Mindaugas Civilka; Eugenija Sutkienė; Dalia Tamašauskaitė-Žilienė; Karolis Smaliukas
‘TGS has a practical and constructive approach to the issues. We appreciate the partner attention to the matters. The firm has a large bench of experienced transaction and corporate partners and senior associates, who take a broad look at any problem.’
‘Marius Matonis is a very experienced M&A and private equity advisor. We also know Vidmantas Drizga as a name to note in capital markets. Dalia Tamasauskaite and Aurimas Pauliukevicius are known in transactions, while Agnius Pilipavicius provides good support in sophisticated corporate matters.’
‘TGS Baltic has a well-staffed team providing a high-quality service starting from the associate level until, of course, the partners. I am very happy that I can directly approach necessary experts and receive fast replies. TGS Baltic’s culture for not-shadowing junior staff creates the possibility for smooth cooperation between our teams. Also it is nice that the law firm’s team is keen to use IT solutions we have used for our internal work and that helps make communication integrated and more effective.’
‘Agnius Pilipavicius has deep understanding of our business and he constantly provides not only legal but also business insights in projects where we are involving TGS Baltic. Agnius’ knowledge helps us to retrieve high value from TGS Baltic services.’
‘The team is very good in support, we can reach them at all times, if we have any urgent matters they are always ready to help us and assist in any matters. People have a very strong ownership and remind us if any questions are not closed yet. Communication is fluent and well organized. Happy to have them as a partner for legal matters.’
‘Marius Matonis – great experience, deep knowledge in legal matters, good communication.’
‘A solid team of M&A lawyers. Fast, diligent, experienced and reasonably priced.’
‘I think Marius Matonis is one of the most mature and expierenced M&A lawyers in Lithuania. Outstanding negotiations skills. Aurimas Pauliukevcius is developing very well.’
INVL Asset Management
Avia Solutions Group
Abris Capital Partners
Vilniaus Prekyba Group
- Advising EUROAPOTHECA, UAB on the joint venture with Oriola Corporation, which will merge the Swedish pharmacy business of Euroapotheca’s Apoteksgruppen and Oriola’s Kronans Apotek.
- Acted as legal advisor to the founders of Nord Security, a start-up behind NordVPN, in their first $100m investment round.
- Advised Avia Solutions Group (ASG) on entering into a strategic partnership with Certares Management (Certares) through a €300m structured equity investment in the group.
Other key lawyers:
‘This team has a unique capability of understanding client’s needs. They always start with evaluating what is best for the client and creating a strategy that eventually leads to a win either in court or settlement. Members of the team are available 24/7 for any questions or matters and they are always ready to advise on the spot. Their lawyers are also incredible in court – their presentation skills are wonderful in both Lithuanian and English.’
‘Its lawyers are able to quickly mobilise specialists from different fields to fully analyse the presented factual circumstances.’
‘Lawyers are able to quickly delve into specific legislation and offer fully assessed solutions. They are able to prepare well-reasoned procedural documents within incredibly short deadlines.’
‘Vidmantas Drizga has incredible negotiation skills and market knowledge. He is a superb negotiator who knows how to reach his goals.’
‘TGS stands out as a firm with a practical and business oriented mindset and with a track record of generating successful results. The firm’s solutions prove to be cost-effective and in line with our business objectives. TGS also seems to be especially experienced in navigating cross-border matters. Together with the firm’s arbitration team we managed to secure a very important win in an international arbitration case recently.’
‘I would single out Tadas Varapnickas as an exceptional and dedicated arbitration expert. He has great speaking and drafting skills, and I am confident to trust him with complicated cases & tasks. I am sure he will be among the future arbitration leaders in the market.’
‘Results, achievements, values when dealing with cases.’
UAB Vilniaus kogeneracinė jėgainė
The Ministry of Energy of the Republic of Lithuania
Vilnius City Municipality
UAB Maxima Grupė and UAB Franmax
Lithuanian Railways (Lietuvos geležinkeliai)
AB SEB bank
BAB bank SNORAS
Alytus City Municipality
UAB Alytaus šilumos tinklai
Šiaulių bankas, UAB
- Represents Vilnius City Municipality and AB Vilniaus šilumos tinklai before the SCC in commercial arbitration with Veolia Environnement and UAB Vilniaus energija requesting over €560m in damages.
- Represented the Republic of Lithuania in ICSID arbitration against Veolia Environnement, Veolia Energie International, UAB Vilniaus energija and UAB Litesko in a claim exceeding €80m.
- Representing BAB bank SNORAS in a civil case in Geneva against one of the largest Swiss banks Bank Julius BAER & CIE SA (BJB) claiming damages of over €335m.
Lithuania > Employment Tier 1TGS Baltic‘s employment practice displays a high degree of versatility, with the firm acting on behalf of employees engaged in dismissal proceedings as well as acting for employers in internal matters such as relocations, State Labour Inspectorate (VDI) audits and handbook alterations. The firm is also strong in trade union relations and negotiations. The practice is led by Ieva Povilaitienė, who has 20 years of employment law experience and counts major multinational and pan-Baltic manufacturing and pharmaceutical companies among her clients. She is assisted in nearly all of the practice’s key work – including a major case against Ryanair and a subsidiary on behalf of 10 employees – by associate Indrė Mažeikaitė.
Other key lawyers:
Indre Mažeikaite; Viktorija Minkevičiūtė
‘A modern, friendly and diversified team.’
‘The team was very professional, quick to respond and understood our requirements.’
‘Fast replies and quick reaction to urgent topics. Active collaboration and timely information provision. Educates clients on the latest labour law changes.’
‘Ieva Povilaitiene always answers quickly, precisely and with a practical approach. Her input is always very much appreciated as it is compact and clearly stated.’
‘I’m happy with the service quality TGS Baltic is providing. Timely responses to my emails; client focused.’
‘We are very satisfied with the quality of the service from Ieva Povilaitiene and Indre Mažeikaite. We are always aware that we will receive answers and consultations on time.’
‘All great – exceptional experience with this labour law practice’.
‘Great competence, timely manner, forward-thinking, result and value oriented.’
Vilnius Public Transport
DS Smith Packaging
Ukrainian citizens (pro bono)
- Represented a group of 10 employees against Ryanair and its Polish subsidiary (Buzz) over failure to comply with business transfer requirements, potentially illegal transfer to UK, dismissal of the employees and other breaches of employment rights.
- Oversaw a successful application for interim measures to prevent non-fulfilment of a collective agreement, which would have amounted to a de facto strike by 762 public transport employees.
- Assisted Unilever in implementing whistleblower regulations, advised on methods to prevent alcohol consumption at work, and carried out structural changes and changes in management.
Lithuania > Fintech Tier 1TGS Baltic represents some of fintech’s biggest international names, including Revolut and Connect Pay, as well as the Lithuanian Ministry of Finance. Practice head Žygimantas Stankevičius has first-hand banking industry experience, as do associates Aistė Patašiūtė and Sebastian Okinczyc, with each having worked in the in-house legal teams of major regional banks. Services provided by the practice include licensing assistance, representation in litigation against regulatory authorities and advice on data protection and cybersecurity. The team has particular expertise in the regulatory environments for e-money, electronic payment services, cryptocurrencies and P2P lending and crowdfunding platforms.
Other key lawyers:
Aiste Patašiute; Sebastian Okinczyc
‘The firm’s team was very proactive and creative.’
‘The team helped us a lot on the regulatory environment and I am very satisfied with the results dealing with regulator.’
‘Very experienced capital markets team, they are well aware of the market and it shows in their work. TGS Baltic also keeps an eye on today’s realities and is an extremely forward thinking company.’
‘Employees were super professional, forthcoming and collaborative, putting client needs and experience before financials and formal contractual arrangements. I would especially like to mention Žygimantas Stankevicius and Aiste Patašiute.’
‘Professionalism and orientation to the client and result.’
‘Experience in the certain areas, clear understanding of risk management, open minded.’
- Engaged by E&Y and Ministry of Finance of the Republic of Lithuania to assist in the implementation of an investment project aimed at developing an electronic payment platform for consolidated management of state treasury accounts and payment accounts of state institutions and non-profit organisations.
- Assisting Saldo Finance UAB in licensing and compliance matters.
- Representing UAB Paysera LT in a dispute with the financial supervisory authority regarding fines imposed by the BoL due to alleged non-compliance with AML/CFT requirements.
‘The office specialises in the field of energy, has offices in different countries, which is convenient. Responds quickly to inquiries, fulfills orders promptly. Urgent questions are answered even after working hours.’
‘Paulius Zapolskis, partner and Head of energy industry group, is a competent and good partner in the field of energy.’
‘TGS legal team is very experienced and motivated. If there is something that they do not know, they will find it out for your benefit.’
‘TGS legal team is always available and ready to solve client problems. They are sincere about the results that you can and cannot achieve.’
‘Strongest energy team covering all Baltic States.’
‘Paulius Zapolskis, head of energy, is an extremely reliable and super kind lawyer. Business oriented, well connected on the market.’
‘Productive and operative cooperation, expectations and comments always are taken into account, decision are based on arguments.’
‘Commitment, loyalty, trust.’
European Investment Bank
European Bank for Reconstruction and Development
Public institution Lithuanian National Radio and Television
State Enterprise Lithuanian Post
State Enterprise Lithuanian Airports
us, LTG Infra
Vilniaus Šilumos Tinklai
Alytaus Šilumos Tinklai
Klaipėda Free Economic Zone Management Company
- Representing the Republic of Lithuania against claims brought by Veolia Environnement in the International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID) in Washington DC.
- Advising the Ministry of Energy of the Republic of Lithuania and EPSO-G and providing both strategic and legal advice on the threats posed by the Astravets nuclear power plant to national security, environment and public health of Lithuania and the EU.
- Advising Green Genius, an international renewable energy company, on the purchase of 100% of the shares in the company having rights to develop an 85MW wind farm in Lithuania.
Dainius Stasiulis; Sandra Bliuvaitė-Šulcienė
‘Excellent real estate law specialists, well versed in real estate market practice, professionally conducting negotiations.’
‘TGS Partner Dainius Stasiulis is highly professional in his field, providing quality consultations and helping to find solutions in hopeless situations.’
‘The team has shown uniqueness, easily finding the easiest and the shortest solution to our difficult issue. The team members communicate understandably to the client and it brings strength for collaboration. Team had great response “here and now”, whenever it was needed.’
‘Ability to listen to the client’s needs and problems, they came back with several solutions pointing out what consequences are possible choosing one or another.’
‘Legal claims in real estate usually are multifaceted and require a lot of specific knowledge. TGS is well suited to work with such claims as the team they have is comprised of various law specialists, who are consulting lead lawyer on the need to know basis.’
‘Lately our lead lawyer was Dainius Stasiulis, who is coherent and principled as well as approachable and reasonable. His work is well structured and arguments clearly stated.’
Lietuvos oro uostai, VĮ
LTG Infra, AB
BaltCap Infrastructure Fund
Lietuvos paštas, AB
Akropolis Group, UAB
Galio Group, UAB
Green Genius, UAB
Amber Grid, AB
Klaipeda Free Economic Zone Management Company, UAB
Schage Real Estate
Baltisches Haus, UAB
Biotechnological Pharmaceutical Center Biotechpharma, UAB
Panevėžio statybos trestas, AB
Terra Prospera, UAB
Moller Real Estate Baltic AS
UAB “BIOK laboratorija“
DS Smith Packaging Lithuania, UAB
Hegelmann Transporte, UAB
Vilnius City Municipality Administration
Asgaard Oriens, UAB
Novira Capital OU
- Advised S.U.B. projektai, UAB on the implementation of the conversion project REMARCO (both on regulatory and contractual issues).
- Advised Galio Group, UAB on the acquisition of a commercial building (Maxima store) in Vilnius from GROA Real Estate Fund I, a closed-end investment undertaking for informed investors.
- Advised UAB “BIOK laboratorija“ on a sale and leaseback transaction of a new factory, of over 4.800 sq. m total area, with administrative and warehousing premises.
Gytis Kaminskas; Žydrūnė Stuglytė
‘The team studies and analyses the subject matter in depth and provides accurate and thorough conclusions, legal documentation is precise and provided in due time. The billing for the completed tasks is clear and reasonable. The information provided on cases and legal procedures are precise and in due time.’
‘Tadas Varapnickas is a professional lawyer, providing the legal assistance in the subject matter in due time and in full engagement.’
‘Lawyers are able to quickly mobilise specialists from different fields to fully analyse the presented factual circumstances.’
‘Its lawyers are proactive, and are able to quickly delve into specific legislation and offer fully assessed solutions.’
Compagnie D’affretement et de Transport C.A.T.
The Ministry of Transport and Communications of the Republic of Lithuania
Avia Solutions Group
Europiir Logistics OU
DHL Logistics Lithuania
- Advised Avia Solutions Group (ASG) on entering into a strategic partnership with Certares Management LLC through a €300m structured equity investment in the group.
- Represented a group of 10 employees against Ryanair and its Polish subsidiary (Buzz) over failure to comply with business transfer requirements, illegal transfer to UK, illegal dismissal of the employees and other matters.
- Assisting Belaruskalij in a sanctions-related freight contract dispute.
Rita Paukštė; Paulius Zapolskis
Other key lawyers:
‘They use a very practical approach and provide advice in an understandable way.’
‘Rita Paukšte and her team provided very good and insightful training and consultations on competition law topics.’
‘Great dynamics with the modular (cross-competence) structure of teams available at TGS. The adaptability of departments and their members allow for a highly flexible approach to broad-encompassing projects in terms of teamwork through in-depth discussions to reach a common understanding on all levels.’
‘The receptiveness to divergent opinions enables the ability to communicate and spot potential internal roadblocks, which otherwise would have been overlooked with a more narrow set of skills and understanding.’
‘The individuals at TGS share some unifying qualities, such as availability and ownership of the topics. Individually, many of the people foster an inner drive to aspire for more than is required to achieve set goals, leading to excellent results in consideration of the combined efforts of like-minded people.’
‘Rita Paukšte – very good, timely and clear communication, fast reaction to any additional needs arising during the process.’
‘We have worked with Rita Paukšte. We liked that she goes out of her way to get to the bottom of the situation and provide advice that is actually helpful in solving a specific problem.’
INVL Baltic Sea Growth Fund (INVL Asset Management)
State Aid Fund for Business
Phillip Morris, UAB
Ministry of Transport and Communication of the Republic of Lithuania
Vilnius City Municipality
Lithuanian Post, AB
SME Bank, UAB
AUGA Group, AB
State enterprise Lithuanian Airports
- Advised INVL Baltic Sea Growth Fund in acquiring joint control of InMedica and MediCA group clinics, a highly complex merger of the two main private chains of healthcare providers in Lithuania.
- Consulted State Aid Fund for Business, managed by the State Investment Management Agency (VIVA), on the compliance with the EU Temporary Framework providing financing of €216m in small and medium size enterprises impacted by Covid-19.
- Represented the largest Lithuanian railway cargo company in disputes with one of the world’s largest producers of potash fertiliser regarding the implementation of the relevant EU sanctions to Belarus.
‘The team is very well organised and always ready to help and assist. Had no problems with them. The recommendations and legal advice are always very helpful.’
‘TGS Baltics has national recognition in advising clients on complex IT/IP relevant matters. what I value the most is the wide coverage of services that includes representation in negotiations, filing proceedings, court and etc.’
‘The team is lead by Mindaugas Civilka, who is a well recognised practitioner who together with associate partner Indre Barauskiene gives us a business-oriented approach.’
‘Indre Barauskiene is very professional with deep knowledge in the intellectual property field. Always happy to work with her as she is very experienced and has an open mind for the solutions to problems.’
‘Down to earth and business-minded approach. I exceptionally value that they spare me lawyer stuff things and always give practical advice. Furthermore, the team, led by Mindaugas Civilka and supported by Indrė Barauskienė has deep knowledge of our business and IT matters in general, which makes dealing with them extra smooth.’
‘Indre Barauskiene is a very knowledgeable lawyer with exceptional expertise in IP and related matters, that provides a creative approach to any problem that we through at her. Together with Mindaugas Civilka, they create a tandem of business-minded professionals that stand more as our business partners rather than legal advisors.’
Energus Power Solutions
Philip Morris Baltic
MB “Vizuali reklama”
Modus Group Services
VšĮ “GO Vilnius“
Maxima LT, UAB
Maxima Grupė, UAB
Lithuanian Radio and Television
Nordic Entertainment Group Sweden AB
TV Play Baltic AS
- Representing MB vizuali reklama in a design and unfair competition case where requested damages are more than €1.5m.
- Represented Kilo Group in an over €1m investment of IP rights into the start-up which included rights to innovative APIs, UX, UI.
- Defended Aukstaitijos bravorai against an infringement of trade mark claim and request for compensation.
Lithuania > Tax Tier 2TGS Baltic has a strong track record in advising on the tax aspects of acquisitions in a number of key Lithuanian industries, including technology, healthcare and renewable energy. The firm is also notable for its ability to advise on the tax regimes of other EU member states for clients who are relocating their offices. Robertas Degesys left the firm, but has been replaced as practice head by Marijus Kriščiūnas, a former CEO in the manufacturing industry who has also previously worked in private legal practice. Tax consultant Loreta Antanaitienė is a key member of the team.
Other key lawyers:
‘A lot of different qualities and knowledge in one place. Professional staff that can suggest strategies and advise on any case.’
‘Ability to quickly react to the needs of clients and answer questions.’
The Bank of Lithuania
The Ministry of Finance of the Republic of Lithuania
MEAG MUNICH ERGO AssetManagement
GPS Capital Markets
- Helped to structure the Contrarian Ventures Net Zero 2022 fund, which will invest in the climate tech sector, including new energy, smart mobility, decarbonisation of buildings and climate technologies.
- Assisted LRT with relocation of its staff to Brussels, with work including amending employment contracts and advising on Belgian tax frameworks.
- Advised InMedica with tax structuring relating to the acquisition of a plastic surgery clinic.
Lithuania > TMT Tier 2TGS Baltic has one of the largest teams operating in the TMT field, providing assistance with major media-sector transactions, advice on EU directives to international clients, and ongoing legal support to local start-ups. Mindaugas Civilka, who specialises in GDPR implementation and commercial work, leads the team, with IP expert Indrė Barauskienė supporting. A further key practitioner is Audrius Deveikis, a senior associate who has experience working in Sweden and often represents clients in high-level contractual negotiations. Associates Elvina Jurčiukonytė, Violeta Maciulyte and Mindaugas Beniušis are also noted, each having a strong background in information technology law.
Other key lawyers:
‘The team is known in the industry for having in-depth understanding of the peculiarities of our business and probably it was one of the key elements ensuring our smooth partnership.’
‘TGS Baltic is able to provide full-on virtual legal assistance without any difficulties due to their advanced technological resources. It is now possible to receive the legal services even faster than before without any decline in the quality of the services whatsoever.’
‘Mindaugas Civilka and his team – Indra Barauskiene, Audrius Deveikis as well as young professionals – Elvina Jurciukonyte, Violeta Maciulyte and Mindaugas Beniušis stand out as one of the most competent teams in the market.’
‘We have been working with TGS Baltic TMT team for quite some time. The team understands the intricacies of our business and demonstrates their value of contribution and dedication to our organisation on a daily basis.’
‘Flexibility in solving any issues, professionalism of the team, maximum involvement in the business case and accumulated knowledge and experience allowed to complete the tasks with 100% result.’
‘The main distinguishing features are flexibility, full involvement in the given requirements, speed in answering questions and completing tasks, accumulated experience in a specific industry sector.’
‘The team has good knowledge of the business environment and it feels as if they were in the business themselves. This might be because the law firm is not afraid to second its people to the clients.’
‘It feels that they really love their work and are fully into it. I believe that Mindaugas Civilka is a great example how one does what he really loves and is good at it.’
Maxima LT, UAB
Maxima Grupė, UAB
Lithuanian Radio and Television
Nordic Entertainment Group
TV Play Baltic AS
- Provided continuous legal assistance regarding the transfer of www.ermitazas.lt to the new owner.
- Advised Meta Platforms Ireland and WhatsApp Ireland on the implementation of the European Electronic Communications Code (EECC) in Lithuania, and periodically providing updates regarding notification procedures under the EECC and Directive 2002/58/EC.
- Prepared documents for investment of IP rights into a start-up by Kilo Group and other founders.
Other key lawyers:
Ilga Vaļko; Artis Kļaviņš
Akropolis Group UAB
Altum Capital Fund
Single Resolution Board
European Investment Bank
Banque Internationale a Luxemourg
- Assisted Akropolis with a EUR 300 million Eurobond issue.
- Advised Altum Capital Fund on a loan of EUR 10 million to the eco-friendly hygiene product company iCotton.
- Advised Signet Bank on a securitisation matter in Latvia – the subsidiary of the bank issued secured notes with the value of over EUR 9 million.
TGS Baltic > Firm Profile
TGS Baltic is a top-tier commercial law firm with offices in all the Baltic countries. We believe lawyers should not only be experts in law – the real added value for our clients comes from our understanding of their business objectives and specifics, as well as the innovative solutions provided by our professionals.
TGS Baltic has been advising international and domestic business organisations and the public sector, including the European Central Bank, the European Investment Bank, various EU institutions, as well as collaborating with top-tier international law firms since the Baltic countries returned to a market economy in the early 1990s. Since then, the firm has been involved in almost all of the major transactions, landmark disputes and legislative developments in the region.
The firm employs more than 140 lawyers covering more than 25 practice areas. Our Baltic team provides solutions to complex legal problems, advises on strategic decisions and gives day-to-day assistance on a wide range of legal issues. TGS Baltic is listed as a top-tier law firm in corporate, M&A, banking and finance, competition, energy, dispute resolution, tax and other practice areas by the most reputable international legal directories.
TGS Baltic has offices in Tallinn, Tartu (Estonia), Riga (Latvia) and Vilnius (Lithuania).
We are members of TerraLex, a global network of independent law firms, and all major international professional law organisations such as IBA, AEL, ILN and EWLA. We work in English, German, Russian, French, Polish and Finnish.
|Vilius Bernatonis||Managing Partner, Co-Head of Energy Industry GroupVilnius (Lithuania)||View Profile|
|Dr Lauras Butkevičius||Partner, Head of Regulatory Law specialisation group||View Profile|
|Mindaugas Civilka||Partner, Head of Technology Industry Group||View Profile|
|Dr Lina Darulienė||Partner, Head of Retail and Wholesale industry group (Lithuania)||View Profile|
|Robertas Degesys||Partner||View Profile|
|Vidmantas Drizga||Partner, Head of Manufacturing industry group (Lithuania)||View Profile|
|Mr Mantas Gofmanas||Associate Partner||View Profile|
|Gytis Kaminskas||Partner, Head of Transport industry group||View Profile|
|Marius Matonis||Executive Partner, Head of M&A (Lithuania)||View Profile|
|Aurimas Pauliukevičius||Partner, Head of Private Equity & Venture Capital Industry Group||View Profile|
|Agnius Pilipavičius||Partner, Head of Corporate Law specialisation group||View Profile|
|Žygimantas Stankevičius||Partner, Head of Finance industry group||View Profile|
|Dainius Stasiulis||Partner, Head of Real Estate & Investments Industry Group||View Profile|
|Eugenija Sutkienė||Senior Partner, Head of Life Sciences Industry Group (Lithuania)||View Profile|
|Dalia Tamašauskaitė-Žilienė||Partner, Head of Transactions and Real Estate specialisation group (Lithuania)||View Profile|
Staff FiguresPartners : 33 Employees : 190+
LanguagesEstonian Latvian Lithuanian Finnish Russian Polish German French English
MembershipsIBA (International Bar Association) TerraLex Lithuanian Bar Association
OtherOther offices : Tallinn, Tartu, Riga
1. Assisted IRI Investments BV with acquisition of SIA IRI Forest Assets Latvia (formerly SIA Foran Real Estate), one of the largest forest companies, from Storebrand Livsforsikring AS (70.05%), SPP Pension & Forsakring AB (publ) (29.37%), NORSKOG (0.14%) and Gundars Skudrin (0.44%). TGS Baltic assisted IRI Investments BV also with participation in the bidding process for Bergvik Skog forest properties and business in Latvia. Value of the only comparable transaction EUR 324 million;
2. Assisted Euroapotheca UAB pharmacy chain group on signing of a term and revolving syndicated facilities agreement with the total commitment of 185 million euros. Advised pharmacy chain group on receipt of financing from SEB and Swedbank of EUR 185 million;
3. Assisted Belgian investment group Straco with the acquisition of the horticulture company AS Greenyard Horticulture Latvia from Greenyard as a part of acquisition of its horticulture segment. EUR 120 million;
4. Advised Swedish Bergs Timber AB (publ) on the acquisition of Vika Wood and Byko-lat (Latvia), EWP AS and Laesti AS (Estonia) and Norvik Shipping (United Kingdom) from Iceland Norvik hf. EUR 70 million;
5. Advised the Ministry of Economics on the acquisition of 18.31% of the shares of the natural gas transmission and storage system operator AS Conexus Baltic Grid by the Latvian electricity transmission system operator AS Augstsprieguma tikls from the German energy company Uniper Ruhrgas International GmbH. EUR 54 million for 34.36%;
6. Advised the Ministry of Economics on the acquisition of 16.05% of the shares of the natural gas transmission and storage system operator AS Conexus Baltic Grid by the Latvian electricity transmission system operator AS Augstsprieguma tikls from SIA ITERA Latvija. EUR 54 million for 34.36%;
7. Assisted US Camera Company Snap Inc. with opening and closing of operations through its subsidiary in Latvia SIA Snap Latvia. Snap Inc. provides technology and social media services. The company`s flagship product is a mobile camera application Snapchat that helps people to communicate through photos, short videos, images, drawings and texts. Snap serves customers worldwide.
8. Assisted Expobank CZ a.s. with financing of acquisition of Radisson Blu Daugava Hotel by Astor Group (Latvia) from PBR Hotel (USA). The firm carried out full scope assistance to the financing institution, including drafting of the loan and security agreements, including pledge and mortgage agreements, participated in negotiations of the transaction documents and followed up on establishing of securities and fulfilment of the conditions prior to and after the drawdown. Maximum amount of the secured claim is EUR 28 million.
9. Provided legal assistance to IK Investment Partners with acquisition of Carspect AB, SIA Scantest, Autotest Polska Sp. Z.o.o and A-Katsatus OÜ from A-Katsastus Group Oy, a leading vehicle inspection service provider in the Northern Europe.
10. Provided legal services to the Scandinavian financial group Swedbank in relation to the takeover of Danske Bank’s retail business in Latvia and Lithuania. The transaction included accounts of individuals, loans, deposits, payment cards, and securities. EUR 641 million.
11. Assisted the owners of Proplastik in Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania with selling of their plastics distribution business to the Europe’s largest wholesaler of plastics Vink Group.
TGS Baltic Latvia office received CEE Legal Matters Deal of the Year Award for advising AS Augstsprieguma tikls on acquisition of stake in Conexus Baltic Grid from Uniper, while TGS Baltic Lithuania office received the award for advising UAB Euroapotheca on acquisition of Apoteksgruppen from Sweden http://ceelegalmatters.com/hungary/8673-a-night-of-celebration-at-cee-deal-of-the-year-awards-banquet-in-prague
TESTIMONIAL: TGS Baltic ensures clear, correct, credible and well substantiated advice in a timely manner. TGS Baltic team is very responsive, fast, competent and efficient. The firm has very knowledgeable and experienced specialists in corporate and M&A, employment, tax and other areas of law that proactively ensure utmost quality advice suited for our business needs. They are internationally very well connected. TGS Baltic is the best legal partner for development of your business locally and cross-borders.
TESTIMONIAL: The team of TGS Baltic has exceptional strategic thinking, exemplary knowledge and understanding of the relevant areas of law and our business: TGS Baltic is highly recommended for the largest and the most complicated cross-border and local commercial issues, M&A transactions and disputes.
TESTIMONIAL: TGS Baltic is a top-notch tax advisor in Latvia. The firms team consists of preeminent tax advisors and distinguished tax litigators that have very deep expertise and extensive experience. They are simply brilliant when it comes to tax advice. TGS Baltic has won a number of tax disputes thereby going straight against the statistics, according to which the tax authorities typically win. Key to their success is in-depth understanding of business, tax, and overall legal framework.
General overview of the Lithuanian court systemThe Lithuanian court system consists of courts of general jurisdiction and specialised courts.
- Banking, finance and capital markets
- Commercial, corporate and M&A
- Dispute resolution
- Projects and energy
- Real estate and construction
- Shipping and transport
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Latvia > Banking, finance and capital markets