Georg Schima > Schima Mayer Starlinger Rechtsanwälte GmbH > Vienna, Austria > Lawyer Profile
Schima Mayer Starlinger Rechtsanwälte GmbH Offices
- Go to...
Employment Law, Corporate / M&A, Corporate Governance, Dispute Resolution and Litigation, Banking and Finance, Private clients, succession planning and foundations
Equity Partner at sms.law | Attorney-at-law
Georg Schima is one of the founding partners at SCHIMA MAYER STARLINGER Attorneys-at-Law (sms.law). He advises and represents national and international companies on matters of Austrian and European employment law, corporate law, banking & finance, capital market law, and private foundations. One of his core competencies lies in advising on all intricate aspects of directors’ and officers’ liability and corporate governance issues. Additionally, he is a highly experienced litigator both in court proceedings and in arbitration tribunals and is also regularly acting as an arbitrator.
Georg holds a position as an honorary professor for corporate and employment law at the Vienna University of Economics and Business, he regularly holds lectures and is the author not only of several books but also of over 100 publications on various topics within his fields of expertise.
German, English, French
Vienna Bar Association, Austrian Association for Employment and Social Law, European Employment Lawyers Association (EELA), Member of supervisory boards and executive boards of foundations, Austrian Working Group for Corporate Governance at the Austrian Ministry of Finance, ELI – European Law Institute, Board member of “Ius laboris”, International Bar Association, LIS – Liechtenstein Association
- Legal studies at the University Vienna
- PhD in law in 1983
- University assistant at the Vienna University of Economics and Business 1984 to 1988
- Clerkship at courts in Vienna
- Bar exam with distinction 1989/1990
- Attorney-at-law in Vienna since 1991
- Executive Master of European and International Business Law (M.B.L-HSG) at the University St Gallen (2009)
- Executive Master of Laws (LL.M.) in Company Foundations and Trust Law at the University Liechtenstein (2012)