Sarah Brumpton > Irwin Mitchell > Leeds, England > Lawyer Profile
Irwin Mitchell Offices
2 WELLINGTON PLACE
- Go to...
Sarah is an Associate in Serious Injury and head of the National Criminal Injuries Team.
She has worked at the Leeds office since 1995 and after many years spent as a litigator in a variety of personal injury claims she moved to set up a specialist team to represent clients making claims to the Government funded Criminal Injury Compensation Scheme.
Sarah acts for clients who have been the innocent victims of crimes of violence regularly securing awards either from the CICA themselves or by representing clients at Appeals Tribunals for those who have suffered injury as a result of assaults including assaults causing brain injuries (one punch assaults), historical abuse including sexual abuse, domestic violence, hate crimes, fatalities, honour attacks, grooming and stalking, people trafficking and modern slavery and terrorism in the UK and abroad. Sarah was recently successful in reopening a historical abuse claim previously rejected by the authority and securing the maximum award of £500,000.
Sarah receives referrals from many victim’s charities and support groups and can act for victims on a pro bono basis.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Sheffield, South Yorkshire
- Real estate > Commercial property: Sheffield, South Yorkshire
- Public sector > Education
- Employment > Employment: Sheffield and South Yorkshire
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Insurance > Professional negligence: claimant
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Real estate > Commercial property: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Sheffield, South Yorkshire
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: fraud
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: general
- Employment > Employment: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Private client > Family: Leeds, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Real estate > Construction
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Leeds, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire
- Insurance > Clinical negligence and personal injury: claimant