Alison Eddy > Irwin Mitchell > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Irwin Mitchell Offices
40 HOLBORN VIADUCT
- Go to...
Personal legal services.
Managing partner of the London office. Ranked as a leader in the field; specialises in claimant clinical negligence and serious personal injury claims. Particular experience and interest in claims for adults and children who have suffered lasting brain or neurological damage. The clinical negligence team she heads in London has extensive experience in clinical negligence claims arising from obstetric, neonatal, anaesthetic, neurosurgical, cardiac and psychiatric care. Recent cases include claims arising from spinal surgery in private hospitals and failings in obstetric care resulting in significant periodical payments. Has also recovered substantial damages and put in place early rehabilitation for claimants with severe brain damage arising from road traffic collisions.
Partner Thompsons; partner Irwin Mitchell (opened London office) 1995.
Law Society Personal Injury and Clinical Negligence Panels; Association of Personal Injury Lawyers; AvMA referral solicitors panel.
Lawyer Rankings(Hall of Fame) (Hall of Fame)
The clinical negligence team at Irwin Mitchell is led by Auriana Griffiths, who is described as being ‘at the top of her game’. The team specialises in unique and highly complex matters, which by their nature are of significant value. Its caseload often includes claims involving such factors as severe neurological injury in adults and babies; multiple such cases recently worked on by the team have reached £30m plus in value. The group is also recognised for its sub-team of expert support and rehabilitation workers – the ‘outstanding’ Anita Jewitt is heavily involved with this aspect of the practice. The size and breadth of the team overall allows for collaboration across a breadth of sub-specialisms and, as such, a well-rounded service. Recently promoted partner Anne Kavanagh is known for her work on behalf of women and children, while Leena Savjani ‘takes no prisoners‘ in her representation of clients’ best interests. Richard Kayser, who has represented numerous clients at the High Court in recent years, and ‘force to be reckoned with‘ Alison Eddy are also noteworthy individuals. At senior associate level, Punam Sood is the key name.
- Clinical negligence: claimant - London > Insurance
- Hall of Fame - London > Insurance > Personal injury: claimant
- Hall of Fame - London > Insurance > Clinical negligence: claimant
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Insurance > Clinical negligence: claimant
- Private client > Court of protection
- Public sector > Education: individuals
- Public sector > Education: schools
- Public sector > Education: institutions
- Insurance > Personal injury: claimant
- Insurance > Product liability: claimant
- Transport > Travel
- Public sector > Civil liberties and human rights
- Employment > Employees/unions
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Public sector > Administrative and public law
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Dispute resolution > Costs lawyers
- Public sector > Healthcare
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: smaller deals, up to £50m
- Private client > Family
- Employment > Pensions (non-contentious)
- Real estate > Planning
- Employment > Senior executives
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Employment > Immigration
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property: trade marks, copyright and design
- Employment > Employers