James Paton-Philip > Irwin Mitchell > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Irwin Mitchell Offices
40 HOLBORN VIADUCT
- Go to...
James is experienced in working with private and public listed companies on a wide range of domestic and international transactions, including AIM and Main Market listings, M&A, venture capital and private equity investments, joint ventures and reorganisations.
Pinsent Masons 2006; Irwin Mitchell 2014.
Spanish - fluent
International work has been a big area of growth for Irwin Mitchell‘s corporate team, which recently became the main UK member of First Law International, a global network of over 85 law firms. The international group is led by Bryan Bletso who also heads the London corporate department and works primarily on private company work. The team has a strong reputation in the smaller deals space, working in close partnership with the firm’s private wealth group to service a range of owner managers and directors. Leading the Iberian desk is James Paton-Philip, who works with private and public companies and has a particular focus on fast growth tech while Debbie Serota manages the Israeli desk and specialises in joint ventures, equity fundraisings and shareholder agreements.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Insurance > Clinical negligence: claimant
- Private client > Court of protection
- Public sector > Education: individuals
- Insurance > Personal injury: claimant
- Insurance > Product liability: claimant
- Public sector > Civil liberties and human rights
- Employment > Employee/unions
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: smaller deals, up to £50m
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Employment > Senior executives
- Public sector > Administrative and public law
- Public sector > Healthcare
- Dispute resolution > Professional discipline
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Family
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property: trade marks, copyright and design
- Employment > Pensions (non-contentious)
- Real estate > Planning
- Employment > Employers
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Employment > Immigration
- Transport > Travel