Jonathan Sachs > Irwin Mitchell > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Irwin Mitchell Offices
40 HOLBORN VIADUCT
- Go to...
Business legal services – litigation.
Jonathan specialises in professional negligence, commercial litigation and fraud. He has particular expertise in claimant negligence claims against solicitors, surveyors and tax professionals. He has also conducted litigation in various jurisdictions around the world, including the US, Eastern Europe, Middle East and Hong Kong.
Qualified 1990; head of litigation 1996-2003, Pettman Smith; head of litigation 2007-2011, Sprecher Grier Halberstam; partner 2014-present, Irwin Mitchell.
Professional Negligence Lawyers Association.
Watford Grammar School 1976-1983; Manchester University 1983-1986.
Irwin Mitchell has ‘a solid mid-market dispute resolution offering and is highly client focused‘. The department handles a wide range of commercial disputes, involving commercial contracts, supply chains, pensions, breach of directors’ duties, corporate warranties, and shareholders and partnerships. Other areas of strength are IP and IT disputes, injunctions, regulatory issues, and professional negligence claims. Jonathan Sachs is a specialist in professional negligence, commercial litigation and fraud. Professional negligence expert Jane Anderson and Dominique Dolman, who handles large-scale commercial disputes, are experienced senior associates.
Irwin Mitchell utilises its national network of offices to act for corporate clients and individuals bringing claims against a variety of professionals including solicitors, financial advisers and accountants. A particular specialism for the team is representing insolvency practitioners in claims which arise out of insolvency estates, as well as claims relating to the construction industry. Senior associate Natasha Guthrie is the key practitioner in Sheffield; Jonathan Sachs leads the national professional negligence practice from London, and Steve Beahan is head of the Sheffield commercial litigation team.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Insurance > Clinical negligence: claimant
- Private client > Court of protection
- Public sector > Education: individuals
- Insurance > Personal injury: claimant
- Insurance > Product liability: claimant
- Public sector > Civil liberties and human rights
- Employment > Employee/unions
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: smaller deals, up to £50m
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Employment > Senior executives
- Public sector > Administrative and public law
- Public sector > Healthcare
- Dispute resolution > Professional discipline
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Family
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property: trade marks, copyright and design
- Employment > Pensions (non-contentious)
- Real estate > Planning
- Employment > Employers
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Employment > Immigration
- Transport > Travel