Toby Hales > Irwin Mitchell > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Irwin Mitchell Offices
40 HOLBORN VIADUCT
- Go to...
Toby represents a wide range of people in a variety of situations, from the simple to the very complex.
He has been involved in some of the most important family cases of the last few years, notably Vaughan v Vaughan, a case that determined the correct treatment of first wives after a second marriage, and Gohil v Gohil, which made clear the approach the Courts should take when a spouse has lied about his or her assets during financial negotiations.
Toby has a particular interest in advocacy – representing clients directly in Court. At the most stressful times, it reassures clients to have a familiar person with whom they already have a relationship speaking for them.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Toby Hales at Irwin Mitchell covers all aspects of family law and is known for conducting complex national and international children cases. Hales has been involved in several cases recently in the High Court involving the international abduction and movement of children. There have been changes to the practice at senior level. Clare Filler and Fran Hipperson have joined the team from B P Collins LLP while Jenna Lucas is no longer at the firm. The team continues to focus on international and expatriate work often working on wealth protection matters.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Insurance > Clinical negligence: claimant
- Private client > Court of protection
- Public sector > Education: individuals
- Public sector > Education: schools
- Public sector > Education: institutions
- Insurance > Personal injury: claimant
- Insurance > Product liability: claimant
- Transport > Travel
- Public sector > Civil liberties and human rights
- Employment > Employees/unions
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Public sector > Administrative and public law
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Dispute resolution > Costs lawyers
- Public sector > Healthcare
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: smaller deals, up to £50m
- Private client > Family
- Employment > Pensions (non-contentious)
- Real estate > Planning
- Employment > Senior executives
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Employment > Immigration
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property: trade marks, copyright and design
- Employment > Employers